T/a seats in a camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T/a seats in a camaro

They just bolt in i presume, but do the seats have the same plugs as the camaro, i have the little plug in under the seat and i want to be able to adjust the side little peices that only the T/a has, does this lil plug have that in it as well?
    ---

I don't think it's anythign different. I'm replacing my cloth seats in my Bird with black leather from a TA, and I've been told that even if your seat isn't power, all the lumbar and bolster need is the wiring harness that comes with the seat usually, and a ground, which should be down there somewhere.

Don't hold me to that, though.
    Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

the connector is more than likely just power for the seat. All the circuitry is probably contained elsewhere, so the seat would be able to do everything in the TA that it could in the Camaro. I've heard of plenty of Camaro drivers upgrading to the TA seats because of the side lumbar support and all without problems
      AIM: Alientr8tr<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/583450\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Camaro 3.8L</a><br />Flowmaster 80-series, !FRA, Eibach Springs, KYB AGX, SLP sway bars, 3.42/LSD, Wings West kit, Z06 Motorsports, Silverstone Metallic paint<br /><a href=\"http://www.shift5.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Shift 5</a> - My Band

Comment

I've done this. When I bought the complete set of seats, it came with a short wiring harness to connect the drivers seat to the passenger's seat. Actually, I think it was the other way around b/c the air pump is in the passenger's seat. The wiring harness also had a dual line air tube that pumped up the side bolsters and lumbar support for the driver's seat.

I pulled out the console and seat belts. I had a really difficult time getting the wiring harness to go over the driveshaft tunnel because the E-brake cable was in the way. I had to disconnect the cable and slide the wiring harness underneath. Then all I had to do was plug in the harness and re-install the console and seat belts.

My Camaro had some pre-cut holes in the carpet where the wiring harness would poke through. It also had the electrical connector under the carpet waiting to be used!!! A complete bolt-in!

Hope this answers your question. Good luck!
        95 Camaro 3.4L A4<br />Bosch plugs/MSD wires, K&N FIPK , Magnaflow catback, hi-flo cat, B&M Shift+, Dee\'s spacer<br />Kenwood KDX-859, eXcelon Amps, Infinity Kappa 3-way doors and Perfect10 sub<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/harbins95\" target=\"_blank\">Behold, the raw fury that is known as the 3.4!!!</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X