Redesigned interior, what you guys think? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redesigned interior, what you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple things, and I am by NO means an appearance expert, I have very few mods to that nature...

Seats: With all that bling you've done, and gerat custom work, your stocker seats look ugly as sin (we all hate them, they're heavy, and ugly even on a stock car).

Your power cable to your battery: Take the time to run it right, and come from inside the car into the engine compartment via the grommet on the passenger side under the PCM. Running it all the way across a bay like that not only can cause noise/interference in your system, but can and usually will lose you a car show/sound-off!

Cig relocation: Tell me after all that wiring you aren't still plugging in a radar detector and having that tacky cable anging around!? Even Best Buy sells the hard-wire kits for radar detectors. It's a VERY easy install, and looks SO much better than having that cord hanging around. Then you still have your old cable so you can take the detector with you in a friend's car on a road trip if needed, without modifying your hard-wiring.

Other than those, it all looks pretty nice!!
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

I hear ya on the stock seats, as like I said I am going to be reupholstering them eventually.

Never thought of the power cable like that being a problem. For now its suits my needs, eventually I'll prob do what you say and run it via the passengar side. Thanks for the feedback...

Comment

I've been getting alot of emails asking about the custom pieces that I've modded in my car. I've been asked if I would ever consider making these, etc. I may consider having some pieces actually manufactured but I'm curious to how interested you guys may be in something of this nature. The pieces I have in mind would only enhance the oem pieces. I'm also considering on giving the pieces the same texture as the oem pieces have as well as in the same colors (that way they would look nearly oem) AS WELL as non-textured pieces that could be painted, etc. I'm also curious on how much you guys would be willing to realistically shell out for parts like this. Especially kits; i'm hoping to put a complete interior kit together (all 9 pieces) including the double din conversion as well as the necessary amount of leds for an LED conversion. This would not be overlays or stickers or decals, it would literally be new snap on pieces without having to modify your current ones. I'm open to any and ALL ideas...

Comment

What did you use to make the kickpanels, radio bezel, and console? Fiberglass?. I saw the pictures with bondo on it, how did the bondo not stick to the plastic? did you put tin foil on it first? or even wax?
          Thanks,
          Ron
          1996 Pontiac Firebird<br />Flowmaster Exhaust, Custom Cold Air Intake, 3.42 gears with LSD

Comment

I used the original oem kickpanels and sailpanels and just layed out the speaker mounts I made and covered it in fabric and then fiberglassed and bondo'd it.

Used Duramix 40/40 Plastic Weld on the radio bezel and shifter bezel to get a solid backing and then bondo'd over it for a smooth surface.

As long as you "scuff" up the surface your going to be working on with 80 or even 60 grit paper it will allow for a proper surface for either the fiberglass, 40/40, or bondo to adhere to.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X