Nicotine stains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicotine stains

I bought my car at a pretty steep discount because the previous owner had been a relatively heavy smoker. I have gotten 98% of the smell out, but the plastic on the A, B, and C pillars and the overhead console is stained yellow in places by the nicotine. Can anyone recommend a good cleaner to use for this? I was going to use Goof Off, but I'm afraid it will discolor the plastic in worse ways.

Sounds like more of a burn, you may be hosed with that one :(
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

It's not a burn. It's the yellow stain that nicotine leaves, like how a smoker gets yellow teeth and fingers.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

I'd give Orange Blast, or one of the citrus cleaners a shot. Just be sure to put it on a cloth and try a small spot first.

Comment

Yecchh, what a nightmare problem to have.

Sorry, no suggestions, but I hope you get the stain and smell out. :(
            I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
            CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
            FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

i know this might sound silly... but what about tooth paste? the kind that whitens teeth from smoking or denture cleaner... i dunno... might have to buy new pilars

Comment

yeah, i'd try out orange blast on it, or maybe try buffing the top layer of plastic on the panel off if that doesnt work

Comment

All of the interior pieces are relitivley easy to take out. Take out all the pieces, and take it to a high preasure steam cleaner and go at it with all that cleaning stuff people are recomending. That way, you can scrub the hell out of those peices and you don't chance screwing up the fabric and carpet.

Have you thought of just repainting them to the a similar color?

OOPS just noticed it wasn't a fbody, well, I don't know how the interior is on those cars, but ehhhh.. maybe it still applies.

[ April 19, 2003: Message edited by: PewterBird ]</p>
                  Cardomain

Comment

Simple Green.....works great, weather you are cleaning plastic car parts with smoke stain, or weather you are cleaning a bong....my pothead friends taught me this one. You can get it at Walmart for a few bucks. Just let it soak.
                    Teal 94 Camaro 3.4 Liter<br />Transgo stage 3 shiftkit, Shift module, corvette servo, SLP cold air induction,3.42 ring and pinion, Heavy Duty Posi LSD, Flowmaster exhaust, NX, blackouts

Comment

Thanks a lot guys... I think that I'm gonna try the Simple Green first. Always trust potheads with s**t like this, those guys are ingenius!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X