rear spare cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear spare cover

I have a 96 bird, the rear panel inside that covers the spare tire has three 'screws' of sorts that lock the panel into place. I am missing two of those, can I get these at parts store, or would I have to go to GM for these? Thanks
    96 Firebird, Ram Air Hood and Airbox, Magnaflow Catback & hi-flow cat, Dynomax Bullet muffler

good luck with that. i doubt they sell those, search salvage yards, or people who have made custom panels, they may have them laying around.
    1996 Pontiac Firebird<br />Flowmaster Exhaust, Custom Cold Air Intake, 3.42 gears with LSD

Comment

has anyone had to replace them and found them at a parts store, or would anyone want to sell any spare they may have, I have a bit of a rattle coming from that panel that is annoying
      96 Firebird, Ram Air Hood and Airbox, Magnaflow Catback & hi-flow cat, Dynomax Bullet muffler

Comment

this is pretty coincidental... i also have a 96 with 2 of the 3 screws missing. and it also rattles with my system back there. if you happen to find them anywhere, send me an e-mail: j_downey50@hotmail.com
        1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

I have an 00 and i just bought it used, I just noticed something should be in thoes holes a few days ago right after i put my spare back... lol.
          I will be going up to the dealership to see if they have any. (they cant be more than $10)

Comment

i doubt the dealership sells those by themselves. sounds like time to go to a junk yard.
            2000 pewter firebird<br />Short Throw Shifter, Whisper Lid, Whisper Ram Air, Holley Filter, B&B Triflo, LSD, BMR LCA, STB, PHR, and sway bars (32/21).<br />Power window conversion

Comment

i dont know where my post went but anyways......i would go to a junk yard and steal them cause the yard would make you buy the whole panel...more money, and i would bet my leg a dealer doesnt carry stuff like that
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I got back from the dealership, they were 4.25$ each (x3), He didnt have them in stock so I had to get a custom order. However It'll only take about 1-2 days to get them. I think its worth it, I got em.

They had a computer with basically every single part from the car in it. I also picked up a bumper thing that goes on the rear panel, its the little nob thing that keeps the moving trunk cover thing off the side panel.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X