factory tint question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• factory tint question

ok well i got pulled over by an ******* cop with nothing better to do and now i have to take my tint off. the worst part is mine only came out to be 29% and the legal limit is 35%...how cheap is that theres at least 500 other cars rollin around my town with less than 20%. anyway the tint on my car is 35% but with the factory tint it drops it down to 29%...he didnt check the back window so i was just wondering if the back window was also factory tinted or not so maybe i could at least leave that on?
    1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

he cant make you fix it if you only have 29% and the legal limit is 35%

Comment

i would foget about it man. unless you live in a small town, the chances of that bored cop pulling you over again for that is minimal
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

y cant he make me fix it if its 29%? anything less than 35% is illegal where i live. and he gave me a repair order so i have to get it fixed or they can suspend my tags....
        1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

Comment

Hey, I just stumbled upon this and wanted to let you know that in New York only the windshield, drivers and passenger windows have to be of the legal limit for tinting. You could have the rear windshield painted black if you wanted. My entire family is cops, so we've been through this issue many-a-time. Hope this helps a little.
          ~Tom
          1994 Camaro: Firebird Interior, 3.4L to 3800 converted, OBD2 converted, A4 to M5 converted...In the turbo retirement home...<br /><br />1994 Mustang GT: 347 Forged Stroker, Port Matched Edelbrock Heads and Intakes, Tremec 3550 T-5, Spec Stage 2

Comment

yea but i think here in maryland it is different, i duno but ill have the back tested before i take it off because i figure it would be a lot cheaper to just have the sides re-done considering the back window seems like the hardest part.

Comment

yup..i have 20% on my rear...none on the sides...and some @sshole cop actually tested them...it came out to 35% ..and he says "just made it" ...im like...its the FACTORY TINT! lol...pig...i wouldnt sweat it man [img]smile.gif[/img]
              <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

i knda have to sweat it because if i dont get it fixed in like 8 days im guna get my tags suspended...

Comment

Ya know you can say ANYTHING to a cop if you say "In my opinion" first. An example of this is when a cop wouldnt leave me alone at tha mall i said"Sir in my opinion.....oink, oink. He got mad, but coulndt do a thing. LOL And i'm sorry about tha window tint thing.

come get some
                  http://www.canyoumaketheturn.com/

Comment

"in my opinion, robbing that store and killing the cashier was the right thing to do."
                    1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

Is the factory tint actually darkened glass or is it real tint? Cuz my windows look all wavey and are super hard to clean up, I think they have permanent swirls on them! I want to get some tint but not if I can't get rid of those ugly imperfections.

Oh, and it suck about the cop man. I think they really have nothing better to do sometimes!
                      2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

yea it really does suck...but can anyone answer my original question about whether or not the back glass is tinted from the factory like the sides?

if i do end up taking it off i think i will buy one of the pre-cut kits off ebay and try to re-do it myself cuz i cant ride with no tints and i dont feel like paying for it again. anyone have any experience with these kits? i think i might be able to do it im usually pretty good at that type of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by fabolous24:
                          i knda have to sweat it because if i dont get it fixed in like 8 days im guna get my tags suspended...
                          WOW...here in NY i think its just a fine...i didnt know you could get your tags suspended..that SUCKS!
                          <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Originally posted by DARK SDE '02:
                            Is the factory tint actually darkened glass or is it real tint? Cuz my windows look all wavey and are super hard to clean up, I think they have permanent swirls on them! I want to get some tint but not if I can't get rid of those ugly imperfections.

Oh, and it suck about the cop man. I think they really have nothing better to do sometimes!
                            my friend got tinted windows, and its just a thin piece of 'something' that they just lay on the windows and press it down, my friend showed me where it was starting to peel at the top of the window, they don't change the glass/

also to the guy that said he was gonna get the kit, dont try it, it will just look really ****ty and its gonna real hard to put it on

Comment

yes i know it is just a thin piece of film when you get your windows tinted aftermarket. but when a car come from the factory with tinted windows it is something injected into the glass. For example all the SUV's you see with dark windows, the tint is in the glass its not a film.

that is why when i got my windows tinted 35%, it actually came out to be 29% because the glass already had a light factory tint.

and i duno i think i am just going to try buying the pre-cut tint pieces because its only a little less that $30 and i think if you really take your time on it it could be done. i know exactly what to do the only hard part is making sure all of the water is out from underneath the tint whenyou are done.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X