8 Hrs. Later.....Detail Day (56k Warning) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 Hrs. Later.....Detail Day (56k Warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Hrs. Later.....Detail Day (56k Warning)

All in all it took me a total of 8 hours maybe more.

I washed the car, then claybared the car and washed the car again, then polished the car with turtle wax polish, then used meguairs color-x then I used meguairs number 7 glaze, then meguairs gold class wax then meguairs NXT.

I used a foam pad on a buffer to apply the polish then I wipped off with microfibre towel then buffed it in with a terry cloth bonnet. Then applied the colorx with a terry clothe bonnet and wiped off with microfibre then buffed it in with a clean bonnet, then used terrycloth bonnet to apply the glaze then wiped off with microfibre then used a clean bonnet to buff in. Then used a terry cloth bonnet to apply wax then wiped with microfibre then buffed with terry cloth then used terry cloth bonnet to apply nxt and buffed with terry and then rebuffed...
    [ full bolt on\'s and blown.]<br />[formerly known as naptown]<br />[just know that im teh man ]

[ full bolt on\'s and blown.]<br />[formerly known as naptown]<br />[just know that im teh man ]

Comment

Awesome color [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

You ought to ditch the wheels though...
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

you put gold class and nxt wax on?
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/483076\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/483076</a> <br />TSP rumbler, straight pipe, corvette servo. <br />Soon - 3.42+lsd,headers, cai,

Comment

Sweeeeet shine!
          One suggestion though; Please get rid of those wheels. It's a shame to see a shine that nice on hubcaps. [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img]
          sigpic

Comment

I agree about the wheels; it's not your fault: GM does have issues with ugly rims/hubcabs

The shine looks awesome, and I love your hood a lot.
            Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

im pretty sure the NXT took off the gold class when u put it on.
              \"Well, we don\'t care how bad-*** some dude\'s N/A Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900+ pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you\'re gonna get a fast and furious old-school ***-whipping.\"

Comment

Originally posted by kamarozrule:
                im pretty sure the NXT took off the gold class when u put it on.
                yep, you cannot layer cleanr waxes, they jsut take off the previous coat. Only reason to do more then one coat is to make sure you didn't miss a spot.

As far as I know only a few polishes actually layer on top of them selves and Zaino is one.

Either way car looks great.

Comment

meguiar's has a 3 step system that layers. The paint cleaner, polish, and wax...works very good by the way, makes the car really smooth.
                  1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

Comment

Very nice.... That's what my car needs, I nice waxing!!!
                    99 camaro... WingsWest body kit, Billet grill, EBC Green Stuff break pads, tint\'s all the way around, magnaflow exhaust, ram air, Rebuilt trans, 3300 stall, and RS 3 alarm. FFF kit! <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/452573\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/452573</a>

Comment

Originally posted by fabolous24:
                      meguiar's has a 3 step system that layers. The paint cleaner, polish, and wax...works very good by the way, makes the car really smooth.
                      3-steps, right, layer? No
                      1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:

As far as I know only a few polishes actually layer on top of them selves and Zaino is one.
                        I was wondering how long it would take Eric to put in a Zaino post. 7.5 hrs. Your slipping.

Thats it after 8 hrs? what a waste of time and effort

Just kidding man, just kidding, It looks really nice, like liquid glass.
                        Now get about 30 ft behind the car, run as fast as you can, and see how fast you slide across hood.
                        New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
                        RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
                        crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
                        The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

8 hours? jesus, only took like 3 to do my 4 coats of zaino, and it looks better!

im just messin, yours looks good too. but those wheels..........my god.

Comment

From the looks of it he also detailed the interior, so don't give him too hard of a time on how long it took. Paint looks great! Wheels look bad, but it's not your fault. It takes a hell of a lot to make a Camaro look bad. Good job!!!! :thumbsup:
                            -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Hehehee love the color nice job there also looks like someone across the street has a nice Corvette from the reflection a Stingray at that hehe
                              \"Professionals are predicable, but the world is full of dangerous amatures.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kubes
                                Exploding starters
                                by Kubes
                                Before I replaced the Lower and upper intake gaskets, plugs and wire etc etc I had no starting issues, car even ran okay
                                i bought this car a couple...
                                1 week ago
                              • 2.8 Bird
                                Thinking about going back to 180 stat
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                It's been very hot in my place and the 160 is not working too well now. Perhaps 160 is just opening up to soon that it not giving the radiator time to...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Found some led reverse bulbs
                                by ssms5411
                                My regular bulbs at night doesn’t light up to well, hopefully they are brighter. Got them from Screaming Chicken. Anyone else have any luck with led...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • Fruitgrower231
                                Having some electrical issues
                                by Fruitgrower231
                                95 Camaro 3400 V6, power windows, radio and power top have stopped working. Fuse and circuit breakers appear to be good. I have accessed the inside...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • SixShooter'00Camaro
                                OG’s check in!
                                by SixShooter'00Camaro
                                Who’s all still active? Glad to see the site is still here, still got both cars, and actually acquire a 3rd to slap together for a drift car. My OG...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X