8 Hrs. Later.....Detail Day (56k Warning) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 Hrs. Later.....Detail Day (56k Warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car looks real good man
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by F1GT:
      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by fabolous24:
      meguiar's has a 3 step system that layers. The paint cleaner, polish, and wax...works very good by the way, makes the car really smooth.
      3-steps, right, layer? No </font>[/QUOTE]Exactly!

As for my Zaino posts, just stating the facts. People all the time say. "I put on 30 layers of a cleaner carnuba wax" Not realizing cleaner waxes, remove the old wax as you apply it. So you remove the previous coat of wax.

Reason why zaino layers is because its synthetic and not a cleaner polish. The initial steps in putting it on the car is because you have to remove all chemicals from teh paint so zaino can bond with it.

I am still going strong on my last zaino application from February. Not as shiny, but I haven't used and Z6 gloss enhancer yet.

So there is your guy's zaino post from me.

Comment

mustangeater, the z6 is awesome. i used z2 and z5 when i did my application, with the ZFX hardener, and i use z6 for car shows after i wash. its amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Ian:
          mustangeater, the z6 is awesome. i used z2 and z5 when i did my application, with the ZFX hardener, and i use z6 for car shows after i wash. its amazing
          I know its good stuff but I have only used it when I initially zainoed my car... If I have time this week I will give my car a good cleaning then Z6 it [img]smile.gif[/img] Shoudl make it look great, and only take 20 minutes, especially with my waterblade... That thing kicks *** [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

8 hours? damn... i waxed and detailed my mom's 1988 ford crown vic LTD today. took a whole 2 hours :D . lol
            1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

Yes, a total of 7-8 Hours.

First wash I took my time getting all the nooks and crannies and then I clayed the car and took my time, then washed it again.

Then I got out the Polish and polished it and let it dry for about 1 hour, then I buffed it all in after wiping it down with Microfiber.

Then I used Meguairs ColorX and applied it then let it set for about 30 minutes then buffed it in after wipping it down with Microfiber.

Then I glazed it which is a total pain in the ***! That stuff doesnt want to come off for chit! I buffed it then wipped it down with Microfiber and then buffed it again, then wipped it down again! BTW I let it set for some while too.

Then for EXTRA depth, I used Meguairs Gold Class, It adds alot of depth, I didnt care about layering. I just wanted extra depth. Buffed it on and off.

So then I topped it all of with Meguairs NXT, if I wanted to layer, then I would add more layers of NXT. Buffed it on then let it set for about 20 minutes to dry.

Then I did the fender wells, cleaning them with a hard bristled brush soap water and then some armour all.

I also washed the wheels with soap and water and some tire shampoo, then I dressed the tires to make them look wet.
              (Yes I know the wheels are hideous. Whatever. I dont care about my wheels and tires. Im not all for the exterior looking all bling blingy. I love my sleeper Camaro. Im spraying a 150 Wet Shot and have been doing so for the last month and 3 full bottles.)

The interior I used a bunch of Tuff Stuff and my shop vaccum, and a crapload of scrubbing with towels. Wow, carpet really gets dirty.

I also did under the hood, I used a bunch of towles and Meguairs Quick Detail Wax Spay, and then after that I used some stuff on the rubber parts under the hood.

BTW Zaino is okay, Its not the best stuff in the world. There are tons of other companies making 50x better quality waxes and polishes than Zaino.

BTW Stop whoring in my thread. Thanks.
              [ full bolt on\'s and blown.]<br />[formerly known as naptown]<br />[just know that im teh man ]

Comment

Originally posted by Just Another V6:
                BTW Zaino is okay, Its not the best stuff in the world. There are tons of other companies making 50x better quality waxes and polishes than Zaino.

BTW Stop whoring in my thread. Thanks.
                hehe sorry, I know there are better things then zaino just be happy with what you use. I was just stating cleaner waxes don't layer. Very few polishes do and the only one I know for sure that does is zaino.

So don't do several coats of stuff unless its zaino or a non-cleaner wax. Maybe 2 coats tops to ensure that you didn't miss any spots.

Jsut trying to save you gusy some work. Its like painting your car, then removing the paint, then repainting the car again.

Comment

Since there is a wax argument.

This took me a couple hours and shines better then zaino.

The rest are at:
                  http://slowassneon.com/shine

polish wax combo :-X

Comment

EDIT: ZAINO SUCKS EVERYTHING ELSE IS BETTER!

All cars posted look nice.

Enjoy your polishes/waxes, jsut research them before you decide how to use them, jsut like any other mod you do on your car.

Tired of spending more time arguing more about what product I use then time I spend actually using it.

For those interested in me expeireinces with zaino
                    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/514505/3

I will update it in the next few days. Its been 6 months.

[ July 18, 2004, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: MustangEater8251 ]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kubes
                      Exploding starters
                      by Kubes
                      Before I replaced the Lower and upper intake gaskets, plugs and wire etc etc I had no starting issues, car even ran okay
                      i bought this car a couple...
                      1 week ago
                    • 2.8 Bird
                      Thinking about going back to 180 stat
                      by 2.8 Bird
                      It's been very hot in my place and the 160 is not working too well now. Perhaps 160 is just opening up to soon that it not giving the radiator time to...
                      1 week ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Found some led reverse bulbs
                      by ssms5411
                      My regular bulbs at night doesn’t light up to well, hopefully they are brighter. Got them from Screaming Chicken. Anyone else have any luck with led...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • Fruitgrower231
                      Having some electrical issues
                      by Fruitgrower231
                      95 Camaro 3400 V6, power windows, radio and power top have stopped working. Fuse and circuit breakers appear to be good. I have accessed the inside...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • SixShooter'00Camaro
                      OG’s check in!
                      by SixShooter'00Camaro
                      Who’s all still active? Glad to see the site is still here, still got both cars, and actually acquire a 3rd to slap together for a drift car. My OG...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X