thinking about looking into Mud Flaps any advice? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thinking about looking into Mud Flaps any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking about looking into Mud Flaps any advice?

here is the deal, I drive this thing year round in new jersey the roads really stink, my tires are wider then the car (245 dunlops) so all it takes is for me to run through one little bit of water or what ever and now my 2 hours of waxing are down the drain :mad:

I was thinking, if I go to the dealer, do you think they have something that is not HUGE or ugly that would fit into the lines of the car and not look cheep?
    I am thinking this could help cut down on the amount of dirt that is always on the rear bumper and maybe I wont pick up tar every time I drive on a new road.

There is a SS in town with mud flaps but I havent checked it out lately.
    ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

nah I don't like the mud flaps,they usually go on an suv but if u want it then its your choice :D

Comment

1. I think this goes in appearance, so don't be surprised if it gets moved.

2. Mud flaps are not as popular as they used to be because of general style / taste changes over the years.

3. I used to have black ones on my 3rd gen Firebird. They were plain black and looked good. You'll find two kinds out there: Plastic ones and some thicker, more "rubber-like" ones (more expensive).

The thicker ones will last longer. What happens over time is the flaps get bent backwards. The thicker ones will last much longer and not bend as rapidly.

I've seen that dealers usually carry plain ones and perhaps those that say "Pontiac" (or maybe "Firebird", although those are increasingly uncommon). You can often get these at car parts stores also. In otehr words, I have not seen the dealers carrying any especially good ones.

I hope this helps.
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

You can see flaps on my third gen Firebird here:

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/gl...8/87Bird2.html

Comment

Mudflaps = [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Don't drive through puddles, problem solved.
          1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

My cousin has "FIREBIRD" mudflaps on his 2000 W68. They blend in well with the car, and don't have the Joe Dirt look to them.

If you get them, get CAMARO ones. Maybe GM sells them.
            --<b>David</b>--<br /><a href=\"http://bryant2.bryant.edu/~dsantore/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">The <b>NEW</b> V6Bird Website!</a> <br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/thev6bird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain site</a><br />ΔX

Comment

GM does sell 'em, I saw them in there service "gift shop" last time I was there. Pretty cheap too.
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

I had mudflaps on my car, and they have their advantages and disadvantages.

Mudflaps ruined the paint here and there because they would rub my car when I go over a bump, and these would cause paint to disapeer in spots under the mud flap..

Their advantages were that they prevented the water from being spraying all over the side of my car.. (I have dunlop 245's as well..) and yeah that was it...

If id' have to chose, id say stay away from them, as they will ruin the paint.. instead just dont bother waxing your car when its bad weather.. wait for the sunny weather...

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by silicuda:
                  I had mudflaps on my car, and they have their advantages and disadvantages.

Mudflaps ruined the paint here and there because they would rub my car when I go over a bump, and these would cause paint to disapeer in spots under the mud flap..
                  <hr></blockquote>

I never had this problem with my third gen - and this despipte fact that the GM paint from the Van Nuys plant was really bad.

I'd add this also: The flaps seem like they were more useful on 1st, 2nd and 3rd generations F bodies. The 4th generation cars don't appear to curve inward at the bottom of the wheel wells as much (ie, they block more of the spray from the wheel).

Comment

Yea, i wouldnt get em....but whatever floats ur boat...
                    2001 Camaro A4<br />Maroon Metallic <br />Y87,Monsoon 500w,TTops<br />Appearance: Silver ZR1s w/ 275\'s<br />Intake: !Air Silencer, FRA Mod, k&n<br />Exhaust: 3\'\' Cat, 3\'\' B&B TriFlo<br />Misc: SLP Fan Switch, 1LE Boxed LCAs <br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mshapiro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/mshapiro</a>

Comment

If the paint was chipping away i would bit** slap the dumba** who didnt know how to paint a car and have the paint stick.
                      Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

go to a local trailer park and you should find plenty of mud flap ideas :D heh heh just thought i'd throw that in
                        green 97 camaro<br />cowl hood<br />chrome z28 5 * rims<br />grille tech front grill<br />rk sport spoiler<br />flowmasters & 3\" tips<br />K&N intake<br />600 watt fosgate w/ 2 fosgate 12\'s<br />limo tint

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X