Dont ever get a paint job with candies :o( - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont ever get a paint job with candies :o(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well to start off the car looks grat!

The guy who did the flames should have put this rubber stuff in the paint considering its a daily driver. I'm not exactly sure what it is but I know there is something that protects it from chiping.

1500!!! He is trying to rip you off big time. If you dont want to match it someone else will for alot cheaper. Its not that hard to match that considering the location and size. Go to some other places and i'm sure you will find alot better of a deal.

Just my .02 [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <b>98 Pontiac Firebird</b><br /><b>Mods:</b><br /><b>Exterior:</b> 19\" Konig Appeals Diamond Cut, Wings West Body Kit shaved and molded, shaved door handles, shaved gas tank, shaved rear spoiler, shaved license plate area, molded front and rear bumpers, shaved front and rear reflectors, removed PONTIAC from rear, shaved third break light, molded front firebird plate, custom yellow paint, relocated gas to trunk, 50lb door poppers, yellow udercar neons<br /><b>Suspension:</b> Custom fast bag setup, 4 valves w/ 3/8 line, V8 rear axle from a V6 one.<br /><b>Engine:</b> Motor swap to a LT1 Vette, computer prgrammed, custom dual exhaust. (Motor was swapped from a V6... Couldn\'t afford the LS1 so got the LT1)<br /><b>System:</b> 2 12\" Eclipse Titaniam DVC Subs, 1200Watt MMats Amp, 0 Gauge Wire<br /><b>Interior: </b> Full Yellow and Black Interior. All smooth with fiberglassed. Yellow and black seats wrapped. Black Carpet. Tribal Graphics. <a href=\"http://www.virtualpalmbeach.com/pcfirebird/pcbird8.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.virtualpalmbeach.com/pcfirebird/pcbird8.jpg</a>

Comment

Im going back to the painter on Tuesday and "having a talk" with him. If he wont do anything for me for free then he's going to be sorry because when anyone asks "who did your flames" I'll tell them but then tell them how he treated me badly!! :(

I just found out today also that I no longer have a job as my boss that laid me off after Christmas sent me an email telling me she's selling her business :(

Very nice huh??
      2000 Pewter Metallic Formula M6 <br /><br /><a href=\"http://flaminbird.smugmug.com\" target=\"_blank\">My 2000 Formula</a>

Comment

looks like it was done on top of the silver basecoat. I looked at the pics on your site and it appears they didnt rough it up and give the flames anything to stick to and then cleared over yop of that... and 1500 is BS, i got an entire new paint job for 1400$!!!

Matt
        -Matt<br />Manager/Tech Support<br />Precision Speed & High Performance<br /><br />visit us on the web at:<br /><a href=\"http://www.precisionspeedonline.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.precisionspeedonline.net</a>

Comment

i just noticed this post... but the pictures are not available to look at..but from what u guys are saying i can mention a cpl things.. if it is a custom color good luck at trying to match it .. airbrush does work wonders... all candy paint jobs have a silver or reflective base.. and fixing custom paint jobs isnt as easy as u think.
          97\' RS camaro<br />406ci sbc <br />69\' SS camaro<br />383ci sbc

Comment

You missed out on this post! OMG the cars' paint job was FINE as Pam Anderson when she wasnt fukcing the world! Candy Flames [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] But then it had a huge spot missing from it. :mad:

Comment

I took the pics down just to free up some space on my website. I dropped the car off yesterday at the painter's. He finally wised up and is only going to charge me $300. I should have the car back by Wednesday :D

Here's a pic we took yesterday since it was finally like spring around here!

2000 Pewter Metallic Formula M6 <br /><br /><a href=\"http://flaminbird.smugmug.com\" target=\"_blank\">My 2000 Formula</a>

Comment

And your only going to be charged 300 bux to fix it? You shouldnt be paying anything! By the looks of the chip, it doesnt look like a rock or road debrib did it. Sounds like poor prep work to me. And also anytime you get a Kandy Paint job ALWAYS get them to mix you an extra batch. I know this is expensive but makes it easier to do repairs and touchups.
                White 1998 Firebird M5, Suncoast WS6 hood, Chrome 18\" C5\'s, beaver tail wing, 2 15\" Kicker Comp VR\'s, ect.

Comment

I can imagine what you paid for that paintjob. Although most good autbody shops should offer a lifetime warranty on the paint. The one I work at does anyway. Most of the time I don't think it's the problem with the paint. Most body shops have high tech machines that mix it perfectly. I bet you that what happened was they didn't wet sand that edge down good enough. So the paint can easily come off.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ted:
                    I can imagine what you paid for that paintjob. Although most good autbody shops should offer a lifetime warranty on the paint. The one I work at does anyway. Most of the time I don't think it's the problem with the paint. Most body shops have high tech machines that mix it perfectly. I bet you that what happened was they didn't wet sand that edge down good enough. So the paint can easily come off.<hr></blockquote>

I agree but the painter doesnt :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X