How To Repair Car Interior Tear !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Repair Car Interior Tear !!!

Yesterday I noticed a small tear on the cloth on the inside roof of the car (where the T-tops come together). Does anybody know what I can use to stop the tear from opening more?
    Thanks.
    2002 Arctic White Firebird W68<br />Installed: FTRA, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Corvette Servo, 160º Thermostat.<br />Appearance: Potenzas RE750 245\'s, 3M Tint 20% All Around, Clear Corners.<br />FOR SALE: HPP3

superglue?
    \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

i dunno how well it will work, but they sell headliner tear repair kits at autozone and walmart.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Sewing needle and thread.
        2001 Camaro, 3.8 v6. Five speed. Red. SLP Torque arm, SLP CAI, adj. panhard bar, lcas, eibach springs, 3.73 gears and Zexel-Torsen T-2 LSD.

Comment

I dont believe that will not work very well considering the thin material the headliner is made out of.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

My Seat it also starting to tear on driver side. Yellow foam is becoming more and more visible. Im gonna attempt to get my grandma to sew it for me haha.
            1994 Arctic White Camaro T-Tops(all options except leather)<br />80 Series Flowmaster Muffler<br />Ebay Cold Air Intake<br />Earthquake in the back known as a Kicker Solo Baric 15 L7<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun</a>

Comment

I also believe that the sewing advise isn't going to work for the reason already stated by Loochy88.
              Maybe some type of glue would do the job, I'm not sure.
              Any other ideas.
              2002 Arctic White Firebird W68<br />Installed: FTRA, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Corvette Servo, 160º Thermostat.<br />Appearance: Potenzas RE750 245\'s, 3M Tint 20% All Around, Clear Corners.<br />FOR SALE: HPP3

Comment

Duct tape [img]smile.gif[/img]
                Black 2000 Y87 Camaro with T-tops ,SLP bowtie grill, Suncoast Creations Ram air hood and air box,Hypertech pp3,magnaflow cat back,and hi flow cat. <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/sorn09\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/sorn09</a>

Comment

Seriously, try superglue?
                  \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

superglue might work, in my brother old firebird it was sagging, really bad and we used super glue and it worked.didnt look 100% but we didnt try that hard.
                    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Thanks. I guess I'll try it. Hopefully it'll work.

Comment

You might want to try some headliner adhesive... I got mine in a spray can but if I were in your situation with a small tear I'd simply spray some into a cap and probably apply it with a popsicle stick to the roof and then put the headliner back into place. If the headliner is sagging too much in other areas, I'd either reglue the entire thing outside of the car or have an upholstery shop reskin your headliner. Just a thought.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X