Clay and Wax Questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shenanigans:
    Hence why if your oging to fill swirls you need to use something like Z5, that lasts a long time...

BOOYAAAHHH!!! I know you guys were waiting for me to mention a zaino product in this thread!
    When I run out of my Klasse SG I'm gonna try some Zaino Z2 show car polish, maybe I'll pick up some of the Z5 as well if I don't polish in between waxes. Instead of "here to stay" under your name it should say "Zaino Fanatic." LOL.

BTW, if you ever want to try something different, several layers of Klasse topped with P21S carnauba wax looks GREAT. You could even use the P21s to top your zaino, I think it makes for a great finish.
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

F1GT you get all worked up and think your always right.

i have a black car, when its freshly washed, even without dishsoap, you can see all kinds of swirls. after a fresh coat of wax the majority, not all of them, are not/less visible. can you still see some? of course.

as camarorulz said, nxt is no where near abrasive enough to get rid of swirls. if it was, those of use that wash wax weekly would have no clear coat left.

cleaner waxs and rubbing compounds are VERY VERY DIFFERENT.

i cant tell you how many show quality paint jobs i did on bikes. after they were done in paint id wet sand them with 600 then 1000 then 2000. if nxt is that good then i should have used that after wet sanding from what you say it would get rid of all the fine scratches and stuff from wet sanding huh? not even close. polishing compound is the only thing that will do it.

dude you always have 2 act like you know everything. you cant always be right. and you hardly are.
      <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

ok, i found some links where they talk about the cleaning properties it has

Here is ONE link I found people talking about it:
        http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...t=cleaners+NXT

Here, from their own site, no where do they mention FILL swirls, but reduce(by abrasives):
        http://www.meguiars.com/newproducts0....cfm?SKU=G-127

Here, another one:
        http://www.autogeek.net/mg12718.html

"It has slight cleaning properties, negating the effect of the sealant rather than adding extra protection or improving the visual effect."

"At the same time you’re protecting your car with NXT Generation Tech Wax, “specialized, clear coat safe abrasives” included in the formula eliminate those fine scratches so you can have a flawless finish!"

Originally posted by Camarorulz:
        Meguiar's NXT is not NEARLY abrasive enough to GET RID OF swirls, and yes I know what a cleaner is. The purpose of the cleaner properties in NXT is to clean contaminants off the paint and smooth it over, not to remove swirls. NXT only fills swirls, it cannot remove them: The Z5 does it too, if you read shenanigans' post. Do you seriously believe it's that easy? Why do people buy orbital and rotary buffers and polishing products out the *** if Meguiar's NXT rids paint of swirls? You have three relatively experienced people in this thread telling you one thing, and you're still arguing. Give it up and admit you're wrong.
        NXT is for light surface swirls, the kind of swirls that require a buffer are etched deeper, hence requiring something stronger. Like saying I need 200 grit rather than 2000 grit sand paper.

Meguiar's NXT is not NEARLY abrasive enough to GET RID OF swirls, and yes I know what a cleaner is. The purpose of the cleaner properties in NXT is to clean contaminants off the paint and smooth it over, not to remove swirls.
        If it's not even strong enough to remove swirls how can it CLEAN CONTAMINANTS off the paint?

To "smooth" things over means it has abrasives. Which means it has CLEANING properties. That is how NXT rids of "MINOR" swirls. Not the swirl problems some people have that requires a buffer. That is a bigger problem. Minor meaning fine little scratches. Anything more would requre something stronger.

A cleaner has abrasives. It REMOVES the outer most layer of the clear coat to EVEN out the paint, that's how they remove swirls, light surface scratches and bring out the shine out of single stage paint jobs. The abrasives breaks down as you buff out the area, thus acting like sand paper to wood. Imagine I put a light etch onto a 2x4, how do you rid it??? Exactly, thats the same concept with cleaners.

Imagine NXT to be like a 4000 grit sand paper. While a rubbing compound is like 400 grit. That is an example. The car with all the swirls require more than the weak "4000 grit" sand paper.

[ April 27, 2005, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: F1GT ]
        1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

every single wax out there says it FILLS swirls. nxt does just fill in swirls. the abrasive just remove super fine dirt/contaminants. it would take alot more to remove swirls than to remove some surface dirt.

try any non cleaner wax, they hide swirls too. just like camarorulz said, wash it, wax it and the swirls are gone. strip the wax and the swirls are back.

most factory paint jobs do not have that much clear coat. if it strips the outer most clear to "smooths" out the paint, then why is it still all orange peely?

i am done arguing this. you are a moron that cant admit when he is wrong. you just keep going. i suppose next week youll try and argue that camaros and firebirds are too completely different cars and have nothing in common.
          <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

lol, look who is the moron who can't read and can't even articulate what he is trying to say. Are you still taking ESL classes? [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Have you even notice that this is my first post in response to yours? You are like that little Honda(third wheel) that comes and tags along when I am racing with a Mustang. rotflmao!!

Why bother typing and getting your panties up in a bunch when you don't even read what people are saying and just twist everything around?? I learned my lesson last time not to respond to your post anymore because I keep repeating like 10 times and you still don't understand. Look at the links I've provided, yet you are still hard headed, belligerent and arrogant. Not to mention immature, ignorant, and illiterate. Therefor you start name calling, yelling, and instigating instead of debating the matter at hand.

I can be an *** like you too, here I go:
            What time is your ESL class tomorrow? Which school as well, I like to have a word with the teacher as she is doing a poor job of educating your illiterate azz.

Yea, phucker, I can be a p rick too.
            1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by shenanigans:
              Hence why if your oging to fill swirls you need to use something like Z5, that lasts a long time...

BOOYAAAHHH!!! I know you guys were waiting for me to mention a zaino product in this thread!
              When I run out of my Klasse SG I'm gonna try some Zaino Z2 show car polish, maybe I'll pick up some of the Z5 as well if I don't polish in between waxes. Instead of "here to stay" under your name it should say "Zaino Fanatic." LOL.

BTW, if you ever want to try something different, several layers of Klasse topped with P21S carnauba wax looks GREAT. You could even use the P21s to top your zaino, I think it makes for a great finish.
              </font>[/QUOTE]Maybe if I run out of stuff anytime soon... Maybe one day but been considering trying out all the new Zaino products being released but ehhh... I been lax on my car. I only wash it like every 2 weeks and wax every 4 months or so.

BTW, I am willing to bet my life that NXT does not remove swirls. Well maybe no more hten some baby oil on a buffer.

Its a cleaner wax, any of the "abrasives" if you can call it abrasives in it are used to help clean off whatever some dirt off the car and help remove the old coat of wax.

I never claim to be an expert just share what I know and as far as I know only way to REMOVE swirls for good is wetsanding or a rubbing compount.

Everything else just fills in the scrathces/swirls even Zaino does this, and there are currently studies going on to prove that Zaino is truely a polish sent to earth by God himself.
              -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

there are currently studies going on to prove that Zaino is truely a polish sent to earth by God himself.
                true story
                millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

Originally posted by LD:
                  there are currently studies going on to prove that Zaino is truely a polish sent to earth by God himself.
                  true story </font>[/QUOTE]actually why the space program has been slowed down funds have been diverted.
                  -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by LD:
                    true story </font>[/QUOTE]actually why the space program has been slowed down funds have been diverted. </font>[/QUOTE]yeah I read that on CNN the other day
                    can't seem to find the link now...
                    millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

I haven't checked this thread in a couple of days, but I can't believe F1Gt is still arguing.

BTW, I am willing to bet my life that NXT does not remove swirls. Well maybe no more hten some baby oil on a buffer.

Its a cleaner wax, any of the "abrasives" if you can call it abrasives in it are used to help clean off whatever some dirt off the car and help remove the old coat of wax.
                      You're right, the "abrasives" only go as far as to remove foreign contaminants off the paint, they don't remove any noticeable portion of the clear coat. Baby oil on a buffer...hmmm I wonder what that would do...
                      -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kubes
                        Exploding starters
                        by Kubes
                        Before I replaced the Lower and upper intake gaskets, plugs and wire etc etc I had no starting issues, car even ran okay
                        i bought this car a couple...
                        1 week ago
                      • 2.8 Bird
                        Thinking about going back to 180 stat
                        by 2.8 Bird
                        It's been very hot in my place and the 160 is not working too well now. Perhaps 160 is just opening up to soon that it not giving the radiator time to...
                        1 week ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Found some led reverse bulbs
                        by ssms5411
                        My regular bulbs at night doesn’t light up to well, hopefully they are brighter. Got them from Screaming Chicken. Anyone else have any luck with led...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • Fruitgrower231
                        Having some electrical issues
                        by Fruitgrower231
                        95 Camaro 3400 V6, power windows, radio and power top have stopped working. Fuse and circuit breakers appear to be good. I have accessed the inside...
                        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X