Paint Sealer just came in the mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Sealer just came in the mail

It's a two-phase system. One is a pretreatment/cleaner, the other is the sealer it'self. The directions for the sealer say, "Once applied and all residue is buffed off with a terr-cloth towel, the sealant is 90% cured. Within the next 24hrs, the finish is 100% cured".
    F1GT, I saw that you've used something similar before, did you're car take 24 hrs for the sealant to dry?? Anyone else??
    Gonna try it on my next couple of days off. I still have ol'Zaino to rely on if I don't like the finish.
    sigpic

Actually it dried pretty quick, just like wax. But if you want to layer a sealant, then wait 24 hrs before applying another layer. They also say that letting it sit longer before wiping off the sealant will enhance it a bit. Each time you layer it gets thinner and thinner. So I only layered it 3 times as people from the detailing boards says it's a waste after that.
    1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Ok, thanks. I'll try to take some before/after photo's.
      sigpic

Comment

What brand of sealant did you buy?
        -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Camarorulz:
          What brand of sealant did you buy?
          here it is
          sigpic

Comment

It's acrylic-based, which is good. Tell us how it works out. Let one layer cure 24hours before applying another.
            -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X