This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would 18s slow me down

i might have a good deal going on some polished z06 18 inch wheels and tires,would these slow me down at all????? i have a 95 3.4 with an a4

yes
    millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

technically yes, but you're not gonna be a speed deamon anyway so idk you'll notice a huge difference
      RedlineVSix

Comment

Yes they will, I noticed a difference between a 245s and 235s on the different sets of wheels.

Big difference between my 275s and 17s and my any tires on 16s...
        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Yes because the slight weight and size difference would slow down the wheels from spinning a lil but you can always change out the clutch, tranny, and/or flywheel and also add

MORE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] and take advantage of the longer push and increased tire surface area touching the ground
          -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

problem is most people are generally brok after buying 18"s [img]smile.gif[/img]
            -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

ok,would 17s be as bad??? right now i have the salad shooters with 245/50s i think,ill just go with 245/45/17s,would this be a huge difference?

Comment

I have 18s. They are more expensive. The rubber for them is going to be more expensive. I can't tell the difference in my speed, but my car is just for looks anyways.
                <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857214\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857214</a>

Comment

Originally posted by beeker82:
                  ok,would 17s be as bad??? right now i have the salad shooters with 245/50s i think,ill just go with 245/45/17s,would this be a huge difference?
                  i sure didnt notice any difference when i went to my 245/45/17's

also, this is headed to the suspension forum.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                  Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kubes
                    Exploding starters
                    by Kubes
                    Before I replaced the Lower and upper intake gaskets, plugs and wire etc etc I had no starting issues, car even ran okay
                    i bought this car a couple...
                    1 week ago
                  • 2.8 Bird
                    Thinking about going back to 180 stat
                    by 2.8 Bird
                    It's been very hot in my place and the 160 is not working too well now. Perhaps 160 is just opening up to soon that it not giving the radiator time to...
                    1 week ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Found some led reverse bulbs
                    by ssms5411
                    My regular bulbs at night doesn’t light up to well, hopefully they are brighter. Got them from Screaming Chicken. Anyone else have any luck with led...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • Fruitgrower231
                    Having some electrical issues
                    by Fruitgrower231
                    95 Camaro 3400 V6, power windows, radio and power top have stopped working. Fuse and circuit breakers appear to be good. I have accessed the inside...
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X