New center console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New center console

the center console in my 95 camaro is stock as of now but after just a month of having her the center console became annoying. the hinge to the big compartment snapped, and even though i can just fix it i find that the compartment itself is too far back and hard to reach, and there is only one cup-holder and it doesnt fit anything very well. can you buy new center consoles or are you stuck with just buying a replacement that is a copy of the stock one? i saw a pic of the '00 SS console and that looks nice...can i convert it to work for my 95?

it will bolt up fine but you will have this gap between the dash and console since it differs for the years
    Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

I bought a console from a 2000 SS camaro once and had it installed for about 30 minutes. Couldn't find anything to fill the gap, so I put the original back on. If you need another cup-holder, invite the wife/girlfriend to ride along :D
      sigpic

Comment

what kind of gap are you talking about? where would the gap be? im almost 100% sure i am going to take out my casette holder (i dont even have a casette player...).

you can see the 6-sided bolt in the back there. one problem though is that it's stripped. how would i get it out?

Comment

If you aren't interested in keeping the bolt, then you could take some long nose pliers (sp?), and put some killer grip on it and turn, but that would probably be better than trying with a power tool.
          94 Camaro<br />Purple Pearl Metallic<br />V6 Auto

Comment

Originally posted by mike h:
            what kind of gap are you talking about? where would the gap be?
            http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/console.htm
            Click on the link and scroll down to the last picture. Big-ugly-gap! :D
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X