scratch on glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scratch on glass

the other day it was raining, so of course i was useing my wipers. little did i know that the rubber had torn on my drivers side wiper. what i thought was just a smear on the glass was actually a nice scratch along the arc of my wiper. ive read in a detail book that bronze wool would take light scratches out of glass. anyone else had this happen to them, and if so what ,if anything, can be done about it?
    1997 3.8 5-speed Camaro<br />BMR STB, LCA\'s, SFC\'s,Panhard bar, Torque arm,1LE sway bars<br />Headers, SLP cold air, Flowmaster catback, takeoff LSD, Eibach pro springs<br />Hurst shifter, 01 Z28 guage cluster w/ white face overlays, billet grill w

JCWhitney.com sells a glass repair kit. It is a buffer that bolts onto a 3/8" drill and a paste that is used to grind down glass. I know someone who has tried it, but really didn't get great results because he didn't follow the directions. I think it retails for about $24.
    sigpic

Comment

sorry to post in your thread but is there anything that takes out hard water spots on windows ?
      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
      1994 Camaro - Sold
      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs:
        sorry to post in your thread but is there anything that takes out hard water spots on windows ?
        I once used a brillo-pad and some powdered ajax along with water to scrub the windows on my 'maro, and it worked great! Rain-X also sells a window cleaner at your local auto store.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs:
          Yeah, hit it up with some steel wool. That should take care of your problem.
          2000 Monterey Maroon Chevrolet Camaro<br />3.8L V-6/4spd Auto

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X