Can claying remove permanent looking water spots? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can claying remove permanent looking water spots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can claying remove permanent looking water spots?

I swear man. I've done everything. I've used compound like crazy. Bought all sorts of stuff and still the water spots on my hood, headlights and rear bumpers are still there.

I always get new water spots every time it rain here in Calif.

I haven't done Clay. But I want to know if you have have something better that I could use.

Black cars are a drag. But once you've gone black it's hard to go back. :D

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

sandpaper, 1500-2000 grit. Be careful though.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Use a claybar, while you are at it, just buy a zaino kit.
      ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

if you put some coats of nice wax on your car the water wont dry into thoes little spots, mine did that for a bit, i just wiped them off with a microfiber towel , then wax. (if you dont have a microfiber towel you can use a cotton one, but be careful not to scratch)

Comment

No you will have to work the waterspots out with a cutting pad and some scratch X or something similar with abrasives.
          [ full bolt on\'s and blown.]<br />[formerly known as naptown]<br />[just know that im teh man ]

Comment

I'd clay bar it first... It may or may not work but you canot really mess up claybarring, but you can mess up sanding.

Besides its not a bad idea to claybar your car like once a year, even better idea if it hasn't been clayed in like 6-7 years.

Friend of mine just did his 97 z28 and it looked wonderful afterwards.
            -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Claybar doesn't help on hard water spots. Believe me, I tried it.

I'm gonna have to try the brillo pad with cleanser though. That sounds like it might work, but wouldn't you scratch the glass?
              2001 white Firebird (completely stock)<br /><br />2003 Civic LX sedan for my daily commute. 115 hp (Yes, pathetic, but gets me 36 mpg!)

Comment

DO NOT use a brillo pad!!!!!
                I once made the mistake of using one of those little green scratchy sponges on my truck to remove sap. I have a tiny 1" x 1"5" patch that's full of scratchmarks.
                <a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> <br /><b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/c_o_jones\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a></b><br />--This doesn\'t change the fact that I am ~The Guru~ who still kicks puppies...

Comment

you can fix that wish a buffer and polish

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X