front bumper chipping like hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front bumper chipping like hell

this really bothers me.. my car looks like crap..

the front bumper is chipping and cracking all over the place. i got into a fender bender 2 yrs ago, since then i had to repaint the bumper 2 times and it still keeps chipping.

i'm ready to try to fix this myself.

Just an idea:

Has your body shop (or buddy) been using flex agents mixed in with the paint? I think they're usually needed when painting flexible plastic parts...
    \'94 3.4L V6 M5<br />Check out my <a href=\"http://l32projekt.ionichost.com/\" target=\"_blank\">website</a><br />Let me know what you think!<br /> <a href=\"mailto:l32projekt@hotmail.com\">l32projekt@ hotmail.com</a>

Comment

i nver thought of that, i'm going to call the guy that did and see if he can paint it again. this time with the flex stuff.

Comment

i dont know if the guy who just repainted mine used the flex agents or not. i bugged him enoug allready though. if it does chip, ill probably just fork out the scrill to get it painted again and this time make sure whoever does does it with them. then again, maybe he allready did.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

When I read your post and every subsequent post, I just knew I had a magazine issue that dealt with this kind of problem. And I did. I pulled out my April 1995 issue of "Chevy High Performance" where the editors sprayed a black Z28 to a Daytona Yellow finish and made it look flawless and factory-like. They used: "Three PPG products contributing to the high quality finish...Urethane Hardener (DU 5), Flexative (DX 369) and Fisheye Preventer (DX 77). Flexative is an elasticizer that is particularly important on flexible parts..."

Hope this helps.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
            Good to see the site is back up
            by 2.8 Bird
            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
            3 days ago
          • FirebirdGT
            New Site Hosting Issues
            by FirebirdGT
            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
            2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X