An interesting thread for all you Zaino fans.... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An interesting thread for all you Zaino fans....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting thread for all you Zaino fans....

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread...light=ArmorAll

Before looking at Autopia and from what I learned from this forum, I concluded that the Meguiar's and Mothers products were good and that Zaino is the king of paint care products. What a lot of people (myself previously included) don't realize is that there are a lot of other quality products out there that will match or even outclass Zaino. Evidently the Klasse products fall into this category as well as Meguiar's NXT. Something to consider next time you look into buying a $120 Zaino kit...

I'm not bashing Zaino, I'm merely pointing out that there are other products that perform similarly or better.

[ December 27, 2004, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Camarorulz ]
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Spending 7-8 hours waxing is becoming too much for me.
    Neither product will maintain any level of appearance they previously achieved after 3-4 washes with a safe, gentle wash.
    The car is washed at least every second day.
    Heh, those people are fanatics. Sure I want it to look good, but I'd rather be driving it than waxing it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

Judging from the lack of replies I'm guessing that no one wants to hear that there are products that compete with Zaino :rolleyes:

Originally posted by FunkZ:
      Heh, those people are fanatics. Sure I want it to look good, but I'd rather be driving it than waxing it.
      Maybe if I had a V8 or turbo under the hood I'd rather be driving it, but I like to stare at my car. It's so beautiful when its shiny [img]smile.gif[/img]
      -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

I am a member of that site and i am going to be trying Klasse (AIO) and p21s (I think its called) this spring. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/maleet\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Silver Firebird</a> <br />Basic mods... nothing real special but it sure looks good!<br /><a href=\"http://www.maleetpobanz.com\" target=\"_blank\">maleetpobanz.com</a>

Comment

I've heard a lot of good things about P21S as well: Zaino, Klasse, and P21S are supposedly the top three waxes out there. If you're going to use the Klasse AIO I highly recommend Klasse SG as well, its one of the best sealants and will protect your paint very well.

Comment

I used the Klasse AIO and my car looked more towards the gold color side now along with more shine, depth and slickness. Amazing because it was oddly starting to look more like silver to me.

I didn't believe it so I used it on my 1/24 scale Orange Pro Street 69 Camaro Muscle Machine. One side I used AIO, the other side I used regular polish, then wax. The AIO hands down was the champ, just one easy application and it was so smooth and so much more shiney with new depth added to it. Not only that, the orange actually looks more orange and vibrant now. And thats on a single stage. I then used it on the rest of my die cast collection.
            1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

7 hours?
              it took me 4 hours the first time using it for 2 cars and that inculded the clay bar and washing the car.... we did 2 cars in 4 hours time, both the first time for each car....

i still have yet to see any product out last Ziano tho,

to me Ziano is the best and i'll use it til i'm out and might look at some other products.. mostlikye not tho
              www.turbov6camaro.com
              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

1st Zaino is only $85 for the starter kit not $120, you can cut that down if you have your own claybar, car wash, and detailer spray, its only $45, if you don't want the swirl remover its only $32.95

You buy any of those other waxes/polishes your gooing to want to clay your car, and your eventually wanna get a decent car wash. Would you rather buy everything you need but a bucket and a towel, or go back to the store 3-4 times getting everything?

Do some of those shine better then Zaino? probably, do they last as long? Nope. You wanna go spend 6 hours detailing your car and have it look great for carshows and such, go for it, you don't mind doing it every 2 weeks, or keeping your car as a weekend driver.

Want something that looks pretty damn close to as good, and probably only needs to be put on once every 6 months, makes the car and WHEELS(this was a big plus) easier to keep clean. Then go for Zaino.

Of course there is a better product out there but you have to weigh in the pluses and the minuses of it then the costs. Technically you could also go out and buy that $1,000 a jar wax Zymol has, I assume it looks great.

But if that stuff works on your car and works for you then by all means use it, everyones requirements, situations, and cars are different use what works best for you.

But don't assume Zaino is $85, and brand XX is only $30, but then I have to go to the store and buy a clay bar, swirl remover, detailer spray and car wash. Stuff adds up quick.

Look at the breakdown of what each product costs, and keep in mind you do an entire car with ~3/4s of an oz.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...tegory_Code=QO

A XXL Zaino t-shirt costs more then all of the individual products, except ZFX which is not even needed just makes zaino dry quicker.
                -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X