Front GFX Scraped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front GFX Scraped

ok, I waited 10 minutes while the search on this topic turned out only 3 resluts so I feel comfortable posting this question.

I've only had my W68 (firebird) for 3 weeks and today I noticed my front gfx are already scraped to the bare tan color. I drive careful. Very careful. What can be done? Aside from having a spare set of front gfx (which isn't very practical). Touch up paint? Perhaps the whole routine.....sand, smooth, paint, sand, polish. I'm annoyed because these scrapes are noticeable from a distance. It's buggin!!

one more question: if....IF.....I ordered a new set of front gfx to have on spare, how difficult are they to replace? Any help would be appreciated. I'm p.o.'d because I knew this would happen w/GFX but they sure look good. I would think GM or the F-Body community would have a solution to this problem.

Hey Sam,

Dude, that really sucks! Did someone smack you in a parking lot? Not a body/paint guy so I can't answer your question.

Did you make the show in Morro Bay this weekend? I just came back from there, got lots of good pics! Do you think you will be in SLO the 17th? Or you wanna wait till you get your baby fixed?

I hope they can put it on comp and not collision! If they give you a rough time tell them you want an appraiser to look at it and make a determination. Might as well just pay for it out of pocket if they won't put it on comp :(

Good luck!
    2001 Maple Red Firebird, no ops<br />Whisper lid, K&N Air Filter<br />MBQuarts, PPI and a 10\" JL Audio<br />\"Shockwave\" decal<br />-- I\'m just getting started :) --

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 1sweetryde:
      Hey Sam,

Dude, that really sucks! Did someone smack you in a parking lot? Not a body/paint guy so I can't answer your question.

Did you make the show in Morro Bay this weekend? I just came back from there, got lots of good pics! Do you think you will be in SLO the 17th? Or you wanna wait till you get your baby fixed?

I hope they can put it on comp and not collision! If they give you a rough time tell them you want an appraiser to look at it and make a determination. Might as well just pay for it out of pocket if they won't put it on comp :(

Good luck!
      <hr></blockquote>

I didn't make there this weekend. Just chilled out. weather sucked here. I don't think i can make a claim for my gfx. no one hit me, it's just scraped underneath probably from backing out of my gf's driveway. got to do it at an angle. Post some pics of the car show!!I want to clean my car and post some pics on here soon. I don't think the 17th is gonna work for me. BUt we'll have plenty of time once summer comes around. Check ya later!

Comment

Man, your best bet is to get some touch up paint from the dealer. My car is lowered, so I get that alot.
        <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by shortdog273:
          Man, your best bet is to get some touch up paint from the dealer. My car is lowered, so I get that alot.<hr></blockquote>

that's what I was thinking too. Thanks Shortdog [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

P.S.

Shortdog, your ride looks tight. We've got the same car.

Comment

Posted a link to the pics in Regional...

Check em out.
              2001 Maple Red Firebird, no ops<br />Whisper lid, K&N Air Filter<br />MBQuarts, PPI and a 10\" JL Audio<br />\"Shockwave\" decal<br />-- I\'m just getting started :) --

Comment

u guys ever make the cash shows down here in Santa Maria?
                2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Arctc Wolf:
                  u guys ever make the cash shows down here in Santa Maria?<hr></blockquote>

I haven't. Been wanting to though. When's the next one? I went to a pretty good show last week in a town called Kingsburg. They rounded up a lot of Corvettes. A couple of really nice, fully restored Split windows were there.

I'm all paranoid now to drive my "Grace" (my Bird). Those dang gfx are gonna eat at me everytime I look at them. I just can't see touch up paint being the best solution because they are really badly scraped front to back. Probably a good 6 or 7 inches long.

Comment

The best thing about having a pewter W68 = scrapes are less noticeable!
                    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Just found this on LS1.com

GM Ground Effects for Firebird
                      This is a complete set of genuine GM Firebird GT ground effects painted factory white and never installed on a vehical. I got these from a friend but cant use them on my T/A because of the different Frt and RR Fascias. This kit should also fit a Formula. It is for model years 98 and newer.

Price: $450 +shipping at the dealer this set is $1300 so this is a great deal for someone especially if you have a white car

Email contact only, I dont check my PMs too often

libertine1015@hotmail.com
                      2000 Pewter Metallic Formula M6 <br /><br /><a href=\"http://flaminbird.smugmug.com\" target=\"_blank\">My 2000 Formula</a>

Comment

there's this clear tape-like stuff that comes in large sheets. If you put some on the bottom it should help out a little. it will at least prevent cracks from spiderwebbing and moving to the front of the gfx. Just an idea.
                        I saw a saleen with the stuff. It was a black car and I hade to feel underneath to understand what he was talking about.
                        Dont ask me where you can get it though, but its a product you really should look into IMO.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MrCoffee:
                          there's this clear tape-like stuff that comes in large sheets. If you put some on the bottom it should help out a little. it will at least prevent cracks from spiderwebbing and moving to the front of the gfx. Just an idea.
                          I saw a saleen with the stuff. It was a black car and I hade to feel underneath to understand what he was talking about.
                          Dont ask me where you can get it though, but its a product you really should look into IMO.
                          <hr></blockquote>

yeah that plastic thing is really going to help
                          :rolleyes:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X