My (attempt) at an A4 shift boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My (attempt) at an A4 shift boot

Was mostly cause my exhaust resonates so dang much, it rattled the plastic slide mechanism to the point where I want to take a sledge hammer to it :mad:

Let me know if you think it looks like total *** or not...

AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

it looks like a fat thingy lol

how did u do it?

Comment

Problem is there's too much material needed to travel from Park to First to fit into such a small hole.

I basically just glued it up in there, it came off a Audi A4, stick model.

It needs some work, but I think I'm going in the right direction.

It's either go crazy cause of resonation with exhaust through the plastic slide, stare down into a hole looking at the guts of the shifter, or this.

Yeah, I know it looks like poo. Oh well.

[ May 05, 2003: Message edited by: xjarayax ]</p>
      AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

i did a write up a while back for how to do one that i thought fit pretty well. do a little search. there are some pictures of mine in my sig.

[ May 05, 2003: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]</p>

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] omg that looks bad

Comment

I dont understand why you wanna add a boot to the automatic? Looks weird!
            Derek <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/dmiller_2005\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Silver Camaro</a><br />35th Anniversary

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dmiller_2005:
              I dont understand why you wanna add a boot to the automatic? Looks weird!<hr></blockquote>

"Was mostly cause my exhaust resonates so dang much, it rattled the plastic slide mechanism to the point where I want to take a sledge hammer to it "

But yeah if you dont f ucking read I could see how you would have missed that.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> omg that looks bad <hr></blockquote>
                hey, i like mine [img]tongue.gif[/img]

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

y'know envoys, bonnevilles....and other pontiacs and such have shift boots on auto's that look very clean....I get them at cost so Maybee Ill order one and see how that works out.... K guys, now stop B*tchin....

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                  05' CTS-V
                  00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

the new Monte Carlo SS has one too... looks pretty good. Ya might be able to find one around that looks perfect
                    99 3.8 Camaro (M5) Y87

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                      Good to see the site is back up
                      by 2.8 Bird
                      So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                      3 days ago
                    • FirebirdGT
                      New Site Hosting Issues
                      by FirebirdGT
                      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                      2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X