are my stripes stock???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are my stripes stock???

i like the way they look, and i have been searching through cardomain at other 1995 camaro's and havent seen any with similar stripes. i couldnt find them online (yes, i even checked 3rdgendecals). i really like the way they look and want to get new ones. does anyone have similar ones or know if they came out of the factory like that?

I think they were stock at one time, but a few sections were removed like the nose stripes and rear deck stripes. Look good though! Very unique.
    sigpic

Comment

I have never seen stock stripes that look like that..
      Derek <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/dmiller_2005\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Silver Camaro</a><br />35th Anniversary

Comment

Originally posted by dmiller_2005:
        I have never seen stock stripes that look like that..
        Yeah, now that I'm looking at them closer, I think you're right. They look like an aftermarket, but nevertheless, still look good...unique ;)
        sigpic

Comment

thanks guys, i'll just maybe take em to a detail shop and have them repaint over them or something.

Comment

I dont belive they are paint, correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure they are vinyl.

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
            1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
            1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

As stated by "question", they are most likely vinyl, and you can proabably peel them off. It'll be too hard to match them up with new stripes, so just go to 3rdgengraphics ~something like that~ or ebay and get some new ones to install.
              sigpic

Comment

ys they are vinyl but they could just paint over the existing ones, they are starting to fade a little.

Comment

Camaro never had stock stripes like that, i saw a kit like that for sell a few times on ebay back like 4-5 years ago, havent seen it since. just find a good decal shop and they will be able to duplicate it
                  Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Looks good even if it isn't stock. Does anyone know if you can clearcoat over vinyl for protection?
                    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Camarorulz:
                      Does anyone know if you can clearcoat over vinyl for protection?
                      I wouldn't. The vinyl may flex a little over the changing weather conditions and it'll spider-web the clearcoat.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman:
                        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Camarorulz:
                        Does anyone know if you can clearcoat over vinyl for protection?
                        I wouldn't. The vinyl may flex a little over the changing weather conditions and it'll spider-web the clearcoat. </font>[/QUOTE]what if i want my car to look like the spidey-mobile? red and blue with spiderwebs? eh? [img]graemlins/dj.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dj.gif[/img]

Comment

Take them off if you want to paint. They will be hard but it's worth it. i would get a new set that goes onto the bumper of the car and stuff like mine do. i love how mine look. good luck. i don't know about that stripe set but i know in '97 they had Camaro's that were white w/ red stripes but that's all i've seen besides the 35th that had stripes from the factory. Some went to SLP and got stripes.
                          2000 Grand Prix GTP- Bronzemist Metallic: K&N Fenderwell Intake,3.4\" Thrasher Pulley, v1.0 DHP PCM, 3\" Mandrel Bent DP,Ubend Delete,Dynomax SuperTurbos, 180* Thermostat.<br />Soon to come: ZZP SSIntercooler or N20 or both:)

Comment

im suprised chevy didnt make camaros stock with stripes. its like camaros were designed for them. my car would look naked without them.

Comment

they did have stripes on stock on some models.. i beleive some 30th aniv. camaros and of course the 35th aniv. special edition.. not sure about others though..
                              2000 Bright Red Camaro 3800 V6, A4, LSD, 3.42<br />Whisper lid, K&N, American Thunder Catback, Wings West GFX, Billet Grill<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.mfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.mfba.org</a> <br /> <a href=\"http://home.comcast.net/~thontor/camaro/\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.comcast.net/~thontor/camaro/</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X