cleaning my chrome rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning my chrome rims

Hey everyone, got a question. I bought some firehawk chrome rims a little bit ago. The insides of the rims, where all the brake crap falls onto, is so damn dirty and looks bad. I took some pics of my car and since the spokes are skinnier now (comparing them to my stock 5 star chrome rims) you can see all that black dirty sh*t. Is there anything strong enough to take it right off that won't hurt the chrome? any cleaner or anything? a friend told me to use navel jelly, but the guy at Pepboys told me it was just for rust. Anyone???

thanks!
    TT BABY!!<br />98 Firebird Y87<br />Headers, Cut Out, 80 series Flowmaster, 160 thermo, SLP Fan Switch, Taylor ignition wires, Yank Torq Conv 2800, B&M Tranny Cooler, Transgo Stage 3, SLP CAI, Whisper lid, SLP STB, DD KB SFC, Billet Adj PHR & LCA. More coming!

Dude....Orange Blast. Spray it full strength, let it soak for a minute or two, brush it around lightly and thoroughly and you are set. TRUST ME......that sh*t works. And it won't eat your chrome.

Comment

Can you pick up that Orange Blast anywhere? I have chrome rims too and I would be interested in getting some of this stuff.
      2002 Camaro RS, SLP CAI, 80 Series Flowmaster, Whisper Lid, K & N Air Filter, Hotchkis STB, Hurst Competition Plus Shifter, Lou\'s Short Stick, Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X569, Viper Alarm System. 35% Tint all around

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by *****inRS:
        Can you pick up that Orange Blast anywhere? I have chrome rims too and I would be interested in getting some of this stuff.<hr></blockquote>

they sell it at wal-mart in the auo section and/or the cleaning products section. they also sell it at pep boys. But they don't sell it just anywhere yet. I first saw the product on Two GUys Garage. They said it was good stuff so I tried it and it sure was. Cleaned my engine and cleaned up any oil I spilled on my driveway.

Comment

Orange blast is the way to go, but if you have any doubts on it hurtin the chrome somehow, go get that Meguriars Gold Glass wheel cleaner, Same thing goes, spray thick, let set for a minute or two, and spray with hose, repeat.
          Then get Mothers Chrome polish, and off you go.
          I got stuff...<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/mksucum\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/mksucum</a>

Comment

sweet!!! thanks guys for your help! :cool:
            TT BABY!!<br />98 Firebird Y87<br />Headers, Cut Out, 80 series Flowmaster, 160 thermo, SLP Fan Switch, Taylor ignition wires, Yank Torq Conv 2800, B&M Tranny Cooler, Transgo Stage 3, SLP CAI, Whisper lid, SLP STB, DD KB SFC, Billet Adj PHR & LCA. More coming!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              3 days ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X