Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! lowspot in clearcoat!!

hi,
    i noticed a paint chip on my hood. it was the size of a pencil point or so. I filled the chip to the top with light pwerter. then i sanded with 2000 grit wet sandpaper. It looked good until i saw that i sanded to much. Now when light hits the small spot it looks like there is a small dent because i sanded to much clearcoat in the area, it really isnt to large but i want my car perfect as can be. What can i do? If i get the car buffed will it spread the clearcoat evenly again? WHAT CAN I DO? i dont have to get the hood painted do i? or do i have to get the hood sanded completly and re-clearcoated? Next time ill have a profesional touch up my car! Ill probally get a ram air hood anyways i like the regular SS hoods. how much total paint and install do you think it would cost for the SS hood. And should i take it to the dealer because they have the chevy light pewter paint?
    Thanks
    eddie
    2002 Pewter a4 Camaro<br />No Mods as of yet, but this Spring:<br />Wisper Lid<br />Borla Catback<br />Holly Power Shot air Filter<br />Tranns-go shift Kit<br />Alum. or Carbon Fiber drive shaft<br />And may be in the future an LS6

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X