Steering Wheel stereo lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Wheel stereo lights

ok now both of mine are burned out, i need to replace the lights in them.

ok so how do i get to them, what kind of bulb, and should i worry bout the air bag?
    1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

you don't have to worry about the air bag...

you can get the bulb at radio shack it's a 12v clear bulb... part# 1092

to get out the switch just grab it and pull it towards you, just disconnect the wires from the back of the switches and take them into your house.

I used a small screwdriver to pop off the top of the switch.... I think there's 3 little clips holding it down.

To get the bulb out you have to remove the circuit board it's soldered to... this requires a very very small wrench... (I can't remember the size) then you just have to remove the little red condom from the bulb and use a soldering gun on the back of the board where the bulb connects to heat up the solder and remove the bulb.

then all you have to do is push the other bulb's leads back thru the hole in the circuit board where the old bulb was... (you have to heat up the solder again to do this) Clip off the excess off the leads and put every thing back together...

The hardest part of this is hooking back up the wire from your steering wheel... GM didn't give us much room to work with
    <b>Black 1996 Firebird</b><br /><b>Newest Edition: Harlan Window Switch</b><br />Nitrous Express Kit,ASCD big block hood, SLP Loudmouth, CATCO hi-flow cat, CAI, -Maf, LSD, Flameball Shifter<br /><b>Best N/A 1/4 in</b> 15.216 @ 89.82 <b>Best N2O 1/4 in</b> 14.352 @ 97.46 &lt;--w/clutch slippage<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/motorhead69/\" target=\"_blank\">My homepage</a><br /><b>AIM:</b>MotorHead75068 <b>YIM:</b>MotorHead69

Comment

damn thats quite a bit of work, i will have to try it out, thanks for the reply though, and the helpfull info, i miss those lights on the wheel :D it makes it look cooler ;)
      1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X