ATTN: T-top converters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN: T-top converters...

I got this idea from someone a while back and just now decided to do it.

Those who have done the conversion know how the 'seam' of where the cut was made in the fiberglass to remove the roof from the B-pillar is uneven and kinda tacky when looked at up close. Well, after 14 months of t-tops coming in and out the paint has started to flake off, exposing the white fiberglass underneath.

So here's what I did. I got some of that black plastic/rubber Trimbrite door edge trim from Checker Auto for $3.99, and slipped it over the edge of the b-pillar. It looks soooo much better now, and the rear seals up to the top better too. That should help reduce the leak on my driver rear corner.

Check it out: (the before pics were actually halfway thru when I realized I should probably take some pics ;) )

Before 1
    Before 2
    After
    <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

dude, you're a freakin' genius! that looks really good.

we don't have a checker auto so i'm going to have to hunt through o'reilly's and auto zone.

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

100x better than before

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
        - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

wow, that looks 'pro'
          -Steve

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MTMike:
            That should help reduce the leak on my driver rear corner.
            <hr></blockquote>

put gasket sealant under your weatherstripping where it screws down. mine leaked until i did that...no more leaks and i've been in a few floods since then.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Domestic Violence:

put gasket sealant under your weatherstripping where it screws down. mine leaked until i did that...no more leaks and i've been in a few floods since then.
              <hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I'll have to do that! Awesome, thanks.
              <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Sweet Mike...thanks....mine's almost done!!!!

-Andrew
                1998 NBM Pontiac Firebird - LS1/T56 Swap | Pro-Kit Springs & Bilstein HD\'s | BMR LCA\'s | LG Adj. PHR | T-top Conversion | <br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/battyv6\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/battyv6</a>

Comment

Very nice MTMike [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                  Ingenious idea!

Chris
                  <b>2002 BSM TransAm WS.6 M6</b><br /><b>350rwhp, 365rwtq</b><br /><b>Stock:</b>13.455 @ 105.39 2.129 60\'<br /><b>Mod:</b>12.449 @ 113 1.832 60\'<br /><br /><b>2004 QSM GTO M6</b><br /><b>303rwhp, 329rwtq</b><br />Stock: 13.74 @ 102.14 2.1 60\'<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/silvertaws6\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/silvertaws6</a> <br /><br /><b>1984 Firebird S/E M5</b><br />2.8L

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X