two seat conversion pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two seat conversion pictures

i've had this thing forever, and when i had my good quality digital camera, i completely forgot to take pictures of it. it's not easy to take pictures of because of it's awkward position. but still, i now managed to get some decent pictures of it. anyway, here are the old pics i had of it--it's an angelfire link, so don't expect it to work for long [img]tongue.gif[/img]

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme3/intake/seating.html

and here are the crappy quality pictures i just recently took of it, lemme know what you guys think... i have since put more black carpet in the back to make the whole conversion look much more flush with the rest of the car; and i have also taken out my rear seatbelts so that it doesn't look so strange having belts coming out of this thing. and no, neither of my back seats are in the car. a friend and i custom made this, it took a damn long time, but it turned out looking absolutely beautiful in the car, regardless of how the pictures may represent it. i also just put the last pic in there for the mere pleasure of it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

here they are:

[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Im just wondering what it is?
    Derek <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/dmiller_2005\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Silver Camaro</a><br />35th Anniversary

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dmiller_2005:
      Im just wondering what it is?<hr></blockquote>

heh, it's something i made...takes the place of the back two seats. kinda gives the interior the "corvette" look where there are only 2 front seats. i don't have a name for it cause, quite frankly, i'm the only person i've ever known who has done this [img]tongue.gif[/img] call it what you want, but what you see is what it is, heh...

Comment

is that a sub box?
        visit my club\'s site at <a href=\"http://www.envuscc.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.envuscc.com</a>

Comment

That's not a bad idea. The box I'm building now takes up the whole back of the car to the seat. I might make something like that for the amps. I was going to put them in the back of the seat but I bet that's going to be hard. That looks cool and would work better. I have 4 Phoenix gold xs2500's and a Phoenix Gold Powergrid 10 fard cap(not to mention everything else I'm going to have to cram off somewher), those alone take up the whole back side of the seat by my measurments. Thanks for the idea. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
          1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

I was at the Indy 500 and a 96 camaro had the same thing, well no 30th aniv. deals, but it was a patrol car, highway, and had a black piece of wood like that splitting off the back ( straight up and down, you couldnt see out the back ) with subs and amps and stuff in it! It was load as he** also! A COP CAR! LOL!
            RedLineVSix <br />95 Patriot Red Trans Am, M6, 3.42\'s,no rear tires<br />(SOLD!)97 Silver Camaro 3.8 Liter A4 3.42 + LSD, 1pc DS, and one messed up speedo :)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Highline Highlife:
              is that a sub box?<hr></blockquote>

heh, nope [img]smile.gif[/img] nothing under it whatsoever, except where 2 seats USED to sit.

Comment

did you make that if so how hard was it and what is it made out of

[ February 17, 2003: Message edited by: blackbyrd ]</p>
                no fate but what we make<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748167/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748167/1</a>

Comment

I like it...I may use that idea to make my amp rack this week.
                  <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by blackbyrd:
                    did you make that if so how hard was it and what is it made out of

[ February 17, 2003: Message edited by: blackbyrd ]
                    <hr></blockquote>

it's 3 sheets of your regular ole cardboard and carpet glued to it [img]smile.gif[/img]

i'll admit, it wasn't easy in the least to make it, took a lot of time and a lot of work making those insanely odd measurements around the hump in the middle and the sides. the friend that helped me was in architecture and he really knew what what he was doing. if it wasn't for him and his skills, it probably would not exist since i am far too picky about the way things look, and i assure you that by myself i would not have done as good of job as the two of us combined. it was also his idea as well.

Comment

I've done something similar to that my back seats were removed and replaced with carpeted plywood that is basically FLAT and hinged for storage right in the middle is also where my bottle is mounted. When I get my car back from the shop I'll take some pics!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X