Plastic Triangle by the Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Triangle by the Window

DOes anyone have a solution to taking out scratches and polishing that black plastic thing by the windows? Also, does the claybar take out permanent water spots on windows?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sam r.:
    DOes anyone have a solution to taking out scratches and polishing that black plastic thing by the windows? Also, does the claybar take out permanent water spots on windows?<hr></blockquote>

question 1: get some black wax.

question 2: no. i've found nothing that will remove permanent water spots other than a glass shop buffing them out.

Comment

For glass use some 000 steel wool....if you work it hard enough the spots will come off....do not use 000 on mirrors...use 0000. The mirror glass is softer and you will scratch them if you use 000.
      <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

just buy some fine cut rubbing compound and go after them. it can be kind of slow going, but it will get it done.
        2000 pewter firebird<br />Short Throw Shifter, Whisper Lid, Whisper Ram Air, Holley Filter, B&B Triflo, LSD, BMR LCA, STB, PHR, and sway bars (32/21).<br />Power window conversion

Comment

From job to job i've always picked up some really great chemicals and tips. Anyway one cool thing I found was by Loctite and it's called Plastic Cleaner. This stuff is really great. Basically like the name says it cleans plastic. On my old car I had a plastic radiator resevoir, i used it on that and you wouldn't beable to tell the difference from new and old. I cleaned those triangle things on my car with it too before. They look brand new. I also use it to clean various plastic parts up on the engine bay. However I guess this information is pretty useless unless you know where to get it. I have no clue who carries it, i think it's more of a commercial product, but check hardware stores and such, or if your ever out it's just one of them things you should pick up and try. It's always useful to have around.

[ May 11, 2003: Message edited by: Ted ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ted:
            From job to job i've always picked up some really great chemicals and tips. Anyway one cool thing I found was by Loctite and it's called Plastic Cleaner. This stuff is really great. Basically like the name says it cleans plastic. On my old car I had a plastic radiator resevoir, i used it on that and you wouldn't beable to tell the difference from new and old. I cleaned those triangle things on my car with it too before. They look brand new. I also use it to clean various plastic parts up on the engine bay. However I guess this information is pretty useless unless you know where to get it. I have no clue who carries it, i think it's more of a commercial product, but check hardware stores and such, or if your ever out it's just one of them things you should pick up and try. It's always useful to have around.

[ May 11, 2003: Message edited by: Ted ]
            <hr></blockquote>

thanks for the info Ted. Here's the site for anyone who's interested.http://www.loctite.com/catalog/categ...oductLine=9020

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              2 days ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X