Before you take your car to a detail shop - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before you take your car to a detail shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before you take your car to a detail shop

Stop, think...who are you leaving your car with? I thought I was getting a good deal a few weeks ago when I left my car with a detail shop, but it turned out they scratched the paint off the center cap on one of my rims. I will get a new set of 4 for $35 from SLP. They also scratched part of the rim and it seems someone who didn't know how to use a buffer left more swirl marks in the spoiler and God knows where else.

The car looked good at first, but then when all the glossy crap they used to fill the swirls washed out it looked no better. I thought they would actually do a good job of buffing and remove the swirls, but they didn't do ****. With a good orbital buffer, some good products, and a little bit of research, ANYONE can do a better job than these so-called "professional" detail shops.
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

i'd be afriad to have someone else detail my car. thats my job lol !
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Some things turn out the best when you do it yourself. I woudn't trust any of my cars at a detail shop. I zaino them myself.
      sigpic

Comment

That's one of the advantages of me not having much extra money anymore - I don't take my car to a detailer anymore. I was never really pleased with the results when I could afford it anyway.
        I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
        CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
        FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

I can get my car professionally detailed for free($45 job) and I still choose to do it myself. Though I do consider taking it in to let them do the interier.
          -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

The only reason I left it with them was so they could buff out a large scratch on my passenger side door, he wetsanded it and did a good job, just the rest of it sucked. I wash/wax my car and detail the inside myself at least 4 times a month. It gets vacuumed like twice a week lol.
            -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X