Hey guys, did some new stuff, plus need comments - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys, did some new stuff, plus need comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, did some new stuff, plus need comments

Hey guys, did a few things since you last seen me. I got a new exhaust system but wanted opinions on my tips etc. Did some gauges, etc... Please check it out for me. Also i'm debating to do a few things.

Blackouts? I think my back looks pretty good with blackouts, but I kinda want to do them, some say I should, some say I shouldn't whats your point of view? Would you?

Pinstriping? My old stripe is kinda worn, i'm going to take it off with the ole eraser wheel. The question is, should I leave it off? My car may look too plain, or should I restripe it? The old stripe is black on top, red on bottom.

Also considering redoing the wire loom under the hood from red to silver. Does anyone have any pics of their silver wire loom?

Other appearance mods im considering.
    SS Spoiler
    and lowering my car with the pro kit after I repaint the front,rear bumpers and my quarter panel.

[ July 29, 2003: Message edited by: Ted ]</p>

YEH, man blackouts for sure!!!! you could get the black 'camaro' fill-ins too. i also have painted my 3rd brake light & rear side marker lights with black translucent paint from VHT-3 coats, 4 coats clearcoat. it looks kikass. nice car btw

--matt

Comment

i've got a 5% tint on my hatch window too...it really makes all the blackouts & lettering stand out wayyyyy better. i can't tell from your pics if you've gotta dark tint there or not...

--matt

Comment

Leave the pinstripes off.. when I got rearended they repainted my whole car and I saw it before they put pinstriping back on, I kick myself for not just telling them to leave it off :mad:
        - <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/pics2/camaro2.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">White \'99 V6 Camaro</a> (M5, 3.23s)<br />- 3\" Borla Exaust, RK Sport Induction Lid, Fast Toys Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, !Silencer, !MAF Screen, B&M Short shifter, Manual Fan Switch, 160° Hypertech Powerstat, BMR Boxed LCAs(rubber/poly), BMR STB<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=386884&page=1\" target=\"_blank\">*My Cardomain Website*</a>

Comment

IMHO...blackouts are cheesy, I mean a lot of people have them, they look outa place and I have only seen a few cars that pull it offf well.

My Suggestion would be to get some of that tinting spray, and black out everthing but the red lenses. This ways it is a lot more custom, It keeps the red and black theme. And most of all Not every camaro will have it. People will have to make a double take to figure out what you did, rather than "ohhh, he threw on a pair of blackouts.

If you do the blackout route, please erase that white GTS logo int the corner. That is ugly [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
          Cardomain

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PewterBird:
            IMHO...blackouts are cheesy, I mean a lot of people have them, they look outa place and I have only seen a few cars that pull it offf well.

My Suggestion would be to get some of that tinting spray, and black out everthing but the red lenses. This ways it is a lot more custom, It keeps the red and black theme. And most of all Not every camaro will have it. People will have to make a double take to figure out what you did, rather than "ohhh, he threw on a pair of blackouts.

If you do the blackout route, please erase that white GTS logo int the corner. That is ugly [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
            <hr></blockquote>

my friend speaks my mind
            1998 Chevrolet Camaro L36 M5<br />1982 Toyota Celica Supra 7MGTE project car - FOR SALE<br /><br />\"I find the most sensual part of the woman is the boobies.\" - Zap Brannigan

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PewterBird:
              If you do the blackout route, please erase that white GTS logo int the corner. That is ugly [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

yeh i took mine off with some MEK...definite improvement

--matt

Comment

Get the vinyl inserts for CAMARO on the back first, then get blackouts. Blackouts were by far the best appearance mod I did to my Camaro.
                <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/maniacls1\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2001 Firehawk #155 of 504 -M6</b></a><br />437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ -Dynojet (heads/cam)<br />12.34 @114 mph 1.7 60\' (bolt-ons only)<br />12.47 @116 mph 2.0 60\' (street tires, heads/cam)

Comment

Yea I was planning on getting blackouts and getting rid of the writing on back. I also see camaros around here with the fill ins but without a blackout combo it looks kinda weird on some. PewterBird, i'm sorry you kinda lost me, you said except for red lenses? just about everything on my car has a red lens except for the front turn signals. I'm not trying to be ignorant, i'm just trying to picture what you meant. Anyway, I was wondering what a black out with a silver fill in combo would look like on my car? What do you guys think? I'm probably going to get my windows tinted next week. Any tint is illegal on the side windows in my state but i'm going to anyway. What do you guys think 5% on rear and 5% on sides or 15% or 20%? Thanks, Ted

Comment

i've got 35% on the sides, 5% on the back. i wouldn't go lower than 20% on the sides...ya still gotta be able to look out if you have your windows up. with 5% on the back, at night i can't see sh!t out of it...backing up in parking lots is a PITA! sure is nice when there's a car behind you tho...no more mirror flipping

--matt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                      New Site Hosting Issues
                      by FirebirdGT
                      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                      1 week ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      4 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X