Clear corner lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear corner lights

What do yall think about them? I like them but some people think they look too ricy.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Drake:
    What do yall think about them? I like them but some people think they look too ricy.<hr></blockquote>

I have the euroclear corners from Afterthoughts Auto on my white Camaro and everyone loves them. It helps make the car look a bit more streamlined, or something :D It also helps that I have the clear sides on back so there is no red or amber to disrupt the lines of the white car. My girlfriend's sister has regular clear corners on her dark blue SS and they look OK too.

Search past threads to see about problems folks (including me) have with getting water inside them. I'm still fighting this battle as I'm not sure about drilling drain holes. I'd like to keep the water out completely so the next step is sealing the seams with silicone as others have suggested.

Comment

I love my clear corners and alot of people do... And my car is silver.
      Derek <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/dmiller_2005\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Silver Camaro</a><br />35th Anniversary

Comment

they look awesome and really set the car apart from other f-bodies
        mcG<br />aim=endlive<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/endlive\" target=\"_blank\">97 firebird</a> ~ wrecked

Comment

I like them (read: I have them), but I think it depends on the color of the car. Lighter colors (like mine - light pewter metallic - or white or possibly silver - I haven't seen one with them) look good IMO, but I don't like how they look on other colors like black or red. Clashes too much. If you want an idea of what clear corners look like on a pewter camaro, check out my site (in sig) in the photo gallery then exterior. After I put them in, several people commented that they didn't understand why GM didn't send them stock, look too good not to. I think the billet grill really makes it look better, IMO.

Rob
          <b>2002 Pewter v6 Camaro</b><br />T-tops, Auto, stock GFX<br />mods: SSRA, Whisper lid, K&N filter, Borla cat-back, Pioneer HU, RF 6.5\" speakers, billet grill, clear corners, red tubing under hood, black CAMARO fill-in\'s, QTEC, GM power antenna, fan switch

Comment

i have them on my 98 bird and i think they look alot better.
            |-Bright Red 1998 Firebird 3.8, A4, W68 & Y87-|<p>|-Dynomouth Cat-Back with 2.5\" dual/dual tips, 3\" Catco Highflow Cat, Fast Toy\'s Ram-Air, Holley Power Shot Filter, Carbon Fiber Whisper lid, 3.42\'s Auburn LSD, Clear Side Markers, T-Tops, 10 Speaker 500 Watt Monsoon Stero-|<p>AIM: nowhere manI7<p>Future Mods: Pacesetter Headers?, painted calipers, what else... hmmm <br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/redbird98\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/redbird98</a>

Comment

Wheres the cheapest place to get them? Best ive seen is on Rksport for like $50 [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
              -95\' Cayenne Red Camaro 3.4<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/kurupt95z\" target=\"_blank\">Pics and Mods </a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Denis:

I have the euroclear corners from Afterthoughts Auto on my white Camaro and everyone loves them. It helps make the car look a bit more streamlined, or something :D It also helps that I have the clear sides on back so there is no red or amber to disrupt the lines of the white car. My girlfriend's sister has regular clear corners on her dark blue SS and they look OK too.

Search past threads to see about problems folks (including me) have with getting water inside them. I'm still fighting this battle as I'm not sure about drilling drain holes. I'd like to keep the water out completely so the next step is sealing the seams with silicone as others have suggested.
                <hr></blockquote>

I don't think it is coming thru the seams, I put silicone all over the seams and water still gets in. Turns out it is getting in thru the hole the bulb goes in. The bulb gets pretty hot with it on all the time and warps the plastic in that area. I put silicone there and had no water getting in, except that first time, after that it remained dried. I guess it "conformed" after the bulb heated it up.

Going back to the original question,.,.,I think it looks better with it, makes the car look more up-to-date. The stock ones look so dated like it belongs to older cars. Check out all the new/current cars, they all have nice/neat lens and reflectors. I have the Diamond Clears....
                1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Do a search on EBay. I've found them for $35 + shipping.
                  2000 Camaro Z/28

Comment

i havent had problems with water gettin in to mine and theyve been on for a few months and we've had some major downpours around here lately...

http://home.earthlink.net/~iinissan3...ges/mycar1.jpg
                    \'97 Pontiac Firebird A4 3.08/open<br />Best 60ft.: 2.411 Best 1/8: 10.262 @ 69.726 Best 1/4: 15.941 @ 87.48<br />Mods: SLP CAI, Loudmouth, Test Pipe

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kurupt95:
                      Wheres the cheapest place to get them? Best ive seen is on Rksport for like $50 [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Like someone else said, search on E-Bay, I got mine off there about a year ago for $25 including shipping (VERY good deal).
                      <b>2002 Pewter v6 Camaro</b><br />T-tops, Auto, stock GFX<br />mods: SSRA, Whisper lid, K&N filter, Borla cat-back, Pioneer HU, RF 6.5\" speakers, billet grill, clear corners, red tubing under hood, black CAMARO fill-in\'s, QTEC, GM power antenna, fan switch

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by F1GT:

I don't think it is coming thru the seams, I put silicone all over the seams and water still gets in. Turns out it is getting in thru the hole the bulb goes in. The bulb gets pretty hot with it on all the time and warps the plastic in that area. I put silicone there and had no water getting in, except that first time, after that it remained dried. I guess it "conformed" after the bulb heated it up.

Going back to the original question,.,.,I think it looks better with it, makes the car look more up-to-date. The stock ones look so dated like it belongs to older cars. Check out all the new/current cars, they all have nice/neat lens and reflectors. I have the Diamond Clears....
                        <hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I've actually got two sets of these, one in the car and one undergoing modification while I try to fix this water thing. I've just put a bead of silicone around the top light socket because of the deformation I saw there from the heat. They'll be going back in when I can find the time. I'm wondering now if it's the aftermarket colored bulbs I'm using as I don't see this melting on the original amber corners.

Comment

I like mine.

I had to drill holes in the bottome of one near the front to let water drain out though.

The one which stayed sealed up has been problem free, and they both look great.
                          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                          Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I had em on my 99 Maro. They looked awesome. But I ended up taking them out because I kept blowing bulbs and moisture was getting into them. The reason I think that it was blowing bulbs is because if you look inside the factory turn signals, there's reflective material inside it to anticipate the heat so the bulbs will not blow. The clear corners I had (RKSport) doesn't have the reflective material which caused the bulb to get hot and blow. When i took the clear corners off, I noticed that the bulb was getting so hot it was melting the backside of the light. So sooner or later if I didn't fix them, they would have burned a hole in the backside on em. Went through about 5 bulbs in about 8 months in them. Just thought I shared that with ya........
                            Black 99 M5 Camaro \"6BANGER\"<p>Sport Appearance Package, Whisper Lid, SLP Cold Air Kit, K&N Filter,Dynomax Custom Cat-Back, BMR STB, Jet Stage II Module, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, Hurst Shifter with Custom Short Stick, RKSport 2\" Drop Springs, SS Hood, Poly Tranny Mount & TA Bushing, SLP 3.42 Gears with LSD, All Amsoil Synthetic Lubricants

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dominic:
                              I like mine.

I had to drill holes in the bottome of one near the front to let water drain out though.
                              <hr></blockquote>Same here...I love mine so much! I had to drill holes as well...haven't had a problem since.
                              --<b>David</b>--<br /><a href=\"http://bryant2.bryant.edu/~dsantore/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">The <b>NEW</b> V6Bird Website!</a> <br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/thev6bird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain site</a><br />ΔX

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X