Got my vinyl decals in, can I do it myself? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my vinyl decals in, can I do it myself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my vinyl decals in, can I do it myself?

I got my refletive blue decals in and I'm wondering just how hard it is to put these on myself. I read the instructions and it says if you wet them and the car first you can put it on and adjust it to where you want it and not have to worry about it sticking and stuff immediatly. I'm putting on the front license graphic, drivers side light Pontiac lettering, door overlays, rear Pontiac inlay, and replacing my current "Trans Am" center decal and firebird image with the CORRECT style. I still have NO idea why my car came with the trans am decal on the back but it did. How hard is it to get the old ones off? Should I use a hair dryer or something? I have some stuff to take off the sticky junk afterwards too.

Maybe I should just get it done professionally, I'd hate to ruin my freakin $70 sticker set! Ya, the reflective ones are HELLA expensive! But its gonna look so sweet when they're on. I'll post some pics ASAP.
    2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

lol, calm down its just a little sticker...not that hard...to take the old ones off get a plastic scraper...like 50cents at home depot, and some goof-off, goo-gone, etc...go easy on it and will come off no prob...for the new stickers...get some soapy water in a spray bottle clean the surface your putting them on, and spray it with the water, apply the decals, move them to desired position and push as much water out as you can, let it sit in the sun, and your done ;) ...just make sure you measure them corectly or they'll look "off" ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

agreed. it isn't that hard of a task.
      I installed racing stripes a few months back, and I crapped a gold brick when I saw that I was accidentally trying to install one of the hood striped upside-down :eek: Oh well, must be the polish in me
      I used a spray bottle with two drops of dishwashing soap, and sprayed the area that the stripes were going on. Apply the decal, and slide into place (just as nikon posted). It really isn't that hard to do.

-Marc
      sigpic

Comment

2 drops of soap in a spray bottle.. no more. I made the mistake of too much soap... weakens the adhesive. 2 drops in a full bottle is plenty.

Comment

i did a buddy's today with straight water...i had no probs. be sure to wet your fingers before you peel the decal off the backing...makes life a lot easier not having the decal stick to your fingers. after you get them where you want 'em, you can use a blow dryer to help it dry & stick a bit better imo.

--matt

Comment

spray bottle and some sort of plastic piece like a credit card or something, really man its not hard at all.

If you have any questions just ask, and check out my sig. I have done alot of vinyl so just let us know
            I got stuff...<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/mksucum\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/mksucum</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              1 week ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              3 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X