Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caliper Colors?

Hey-

I'm just wondering, what's a good color scheme for a black Firebird? Like, the painted calipers, the words "Firebird" on the door side, and the Bird on the front license plate cover, and the inserts that say PONTIAC on the back?

Right now, I have my Firebird on the door done in silver, but I want my calipers painted, and I dunno waht color to fashionably do everything in...
    Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

red, hands down, for calipers at least.

i don't really like red for the front bird, but I have my vents done red.

but the rims are chrome ones now and it REALLY brought out the color.

[ August 03, 2003: Message edited by: xjarayax ]</p>
    AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

I polished my calipers on my black camaro.I would go with red or silver.
      1996 Flamed Camaro RS<br />2006 chrysler 300<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/flamedrs\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/flamedrs</a>

Comment

You could go with any color on black.. Polished(Silver), red,yellow,white? I dunno..
        Derek <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/dmiller_2005\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Silver Camaro</a><br />35th Anniversary

Comment

what color calipers on a sunset orange camaro? i'm thinking black....thoughts?

--matt

Comment

Is the picture bad or are your rotors rusted?
            SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

My rotors are toast. Not rusted just nasty.
              AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by xjarayax:
                My rotors are toast. Not rusted just nasty.<hr></blockquote>

dont everyones rotors look like that after theyve been sitting for a while. Then you drive them and theyre nice and shiny again

[ August 04, 2003: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]</p>

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by awesomeame:
                  what color calipers on a sunset orange camaro? i'm thinking black....thoughts?

--matt
                  <hr></blockquote>

I'd say the same colour as your car. I'd look pretty sharp.

-Andrew
                  1998 NBM Pontiac Firebird - LS1/T56 Swap | Pro-Kit Springs & Bilstein HD\'s | BMR LCA\'s | LG Adj. PHR | T-top Conversion | <br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/battyv6\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/battyv6</a>

Comment

Yeah Orange would look pretty good too!
                    Derek <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/dmiller_2005\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Silver Camaro</a><br />35th Anniversary

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Loochy88:

dont everyones rotors look like that after theyve been sitting for a while. Then you drive them and theyre nice and shiny again

[ August 04, 2003: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]
                      <hr></blockquote>

Ya, mine cover with rust in about 1 day. Gotta love Fla humidity.

Comment

I wanted to be different so I painted mine blue.
                        2000 turbo/intercooled M5 Black Firebird<br />349.5hp and 415.3tq @ 4400rpms

Comment

hey radcat that looks pretty cool!

& sunset orange/orange calipers...i never even thought of that! now to go photoshop....... [img]smile.gif[/img]

--matt

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Radcat:
                            I wanted to be different so I painted mine blue.
                            <hr></blockquote>

oooo I love that blue!

Comment

just paint them black for christ sakes and be done with them

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X