Front bumper cover retainer pins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front bumper cover retainer pins?

How the hell do you get these out? I tried for a long time and could only get one out, and mangled it pretty bad. There's gotta be an easier way?
    AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by xjarayax:
    How the hell do you get these out? I tried for a long time and could only get one out, and mangled it pretty bad. There's gotta be an easier way?<hr></blockquote>

Are you referring to those black clips? There's about four of them. Or something else? If it's the clips you are talking about, use a needle nose pliers and pull the middle part down, not the whole thing. If these are what you're talking about let me know and I can explain more. Otherwise, just ignore this.
    94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

Yes I think we're on the same page, continue.
      AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

mmmk.

Here's a pic of what I think you are talking about.

CLIP

"There is a center "pin" which slides into the main clip piece. This keeps it securely in place. In order to be able to pry this clip out, the center pin needs to be pulled out slightly to release the pressure on the inside of the clip. With this clip installed, the center pin fits flush against the clip."

You will want a pair of narrow needle nose pliers to help pull the center pin out. If you can't grip it good enough, use a flat head screw driver and try to push it under it and pry it up.

Once you get one out and see how it's done, it's very simple. Let me know if you need any more direction.
        94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

Thanks, why couldn't they had just used hex bolts :mad: :eek:

Comment

^ Two words.... cheap and fast....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              5 hours ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              1 week ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X