Need help with new ws6-clone hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with new ws6-clone hood

I just purchased this hood from American Sports car designs. It fits fine, gaps are all good but when I turn on my headlights the covers start to get bound on the hood. So I loosened the bolts and moved the hood back as far as it will go. Added some space but not much and they still get caught on the hood. Any idea's before i notch the holes in the hinges a little?

maybe move the headlight covers foward a little if possible?

just looking for idea's, body shop said notch the hinges but it lines up real good now so moving it back will mess that up.

Thanks for the help,
    --Andrew
    Has a need for Speed.<br />99\' Pewter v6, STB,Alum. DS ,RK sport Headers, 3\" Catco, 2.75\" exhaust to a Flow Master,

i would try to move the headlight covers before you try anything more extreme
    Black 1998 Pontiac Firebird M5:<br />Borla Cat Back Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, SLP cold air induction, Hurst Competition Plus Shifter, Lou\'s Short Stick, Mallory , S 17\" Z06 wheels, 3.42 gears, Auburn Posi

Comment

The back of the headlight covers get stuck on the top of the hood, right? That's the only way I can visualize it.

Anyway, if the hood wasn't painted I wold be tempted to shave a little bit off close to the headlights.
      Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

I got a hood from glasstek and i had to shave off a lip around the hood that they said would cause the hood to catch on the headlights. if it isnt painted yet you may need to do the same thing. otherwise you will have to move the headlight covers down and just deal with the bigger gap.
        Positive Force For Life<br /><a href=\"http://www.positiveforce-cc.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.positiveforce-cc.com</a>

Comment

did you try shimming the front bumper out?
          i had a similar problem with my slp hood
          the body shop i wnet to put some spacers in and it worked fine
          no fate but what we make<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748167/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748167/1</a>

Comment

well i talked to the manufacturer and he said to shave that lip. Its catching on the top of the hood even after notchin the brackets and pushing the hood 1/4" back. I took it to the body shop across from my house and he said it could be done but then he showed me the gm red ws6 hood he had in the back for sale so I bought that one and he's painting it for me just gotta return this one now.

Thanks for the help tho
            --Andrew
            Has a need for Speed.<br />99\' Pewter v6, STB,Alum. DS ,RK sport Headers, 3\" Catco, 2.75\" exhaust to a Flow Master,

Comment

Originally posted by Digikiller:
              well i talked to the manufacturer and he said to shave that lip. Its catching on the top of the hood even after notchin the brackets and pushing the hood 1/4" back. I took it to the body shop across from my house and he said it could be done but then he showed me the gm red ws6 hood he had in the back for sale so I bought that one and he's painting it for me just gotta return this one now.

Thanks for the help tho
              --Andrew
              factory is always better, if they wont return it you can always sell it
              Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X