VFN "Stingray" Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFN "Stingray" Hood

Over here at http://www.vfnfiberglass.com one can find the "Stingray" hood for 98-2002 camaros. Just check it out under the catalog (sorry I can't give you a direct link, I hate frames!).

What does everyone think? I like it because it's original... I've never seen that on a Camaro before. It is a little bit out there, but I might consider buying it. Any input is cool. :cool:
    Tom<br />Too many mods for this sig.<br /><a href=\"http://www.l337server.com/Tom/cars.html\" target=\"_blank\">My car\'s site</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.FullThrottleV6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.FullThrottleV6.com</a>

I have seen it in person a few times..

Its "ok" its non functional.. and kinda funny looking when you realise it is not functional..

Comment

Since you are in the apperance section, you can always post a pic

And for a direct link
      Stinray Hood

On the pic all you gotta do is, right click properties and a window will pop up, in the middle of that window is the direct web address for the pic, and do the same to the frame you want a link to and it will give you the direct address. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ August 09, 2003: Message edited by: PewterBird ]</p>
      Cardomain

Comment

Hey, who cares if its non functional, we drive v6's does it matter :rolleyes:

Mine are fake...

[ August 09, 2003: Message edited by: pyrokilla ]</p>
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=401701\" target=\"_blank\">3.4L Red Firebird</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AllTheGoodNamesAreGone:
          I have seen it in person a few times..

Its "ok" its non functional.. and kinda funny looking when you realise it is not functional..
          <hr></blockquote>

well I guess any 4th gen with any type of cowl induction hood is funny lookin' if it still has the original engine. The Big Block/Stringray hood works as a good heat extractor on my car...
          \'97 Pontiac Firebird A4 3.08/open<br />Best 60ft.: 2.411 Best 1/8: 10.262 @ 69.726 Best 1/4: 15.941 @ 87.48<br />Mods: SLP CAI, Loudmouth, Test Pipe

Comment

it just erks me.. makes it kinda pointless..

Comment

Rice: [ris] adj; term used to describe the unescessary and overt use of graphics, body panels/extensions, spoiler wings, wheels, air filters, louvers and scoops, exhaust systems, etc. that serve no purpose other than to make passer-bys believe a vehicle has greater capabilites than it actually does.

Non-Functioning Hood Scoops, IMO, are rice. Even if all we have are V6's, our engines will benefit from a functional scoop than a non functional scoop.

I like the Stingray hood, but spend a little extra money and find one with a functional scoop. You'll be happier in the long-run when people stop and ask you if the hood is functional and you can proudly say "yes" rather than shrug your shoulders and say "no. It's just a six cylinder, what's the point."

[ August 09, 2003: Message edited by: DravensBird02 ]</p>
              ~02 W68 Crow-Black Bird~<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/dravensbird02\" target=\"_blank\">scratch n sniff</a>

Comment

i work with a guy has that hood on a 93-97...doesnt really look that good...just my opinion :D
                \'98 Black Firebird A4<br />T-tops<br />\'98 Silver Grand Prix GTP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DravensBird02:
                  You'll be happier in the long-run when people stop and ask you if the hood is functional and you can proudly say "yes" rather than shrug your shoulders and say "no. It's just a six cylinder, what's the point."

[ August 09, 2003: Message edited by: DravensBird02 ]
                  <hr></blockquote>

No offense but most guys who ask are going to be V8 guys and when you say whats it matter because its a V6 they are going to agree with you.

Gerry
                  <b>2001 Black Trans AM M6</b> <br />!Hood baffles,!CAGS,Mufflex Cat-bypass pipes,Borla y-pipe,TSP Rumbler cat-back,LGM lid,G2 springs,BMR SFC\'s,BMR STB,LGM billet pedals,Lou\'s short stick,Custom FRC\'s,Custom hood and side vents,Polished 18x9.5 Z06 wheels

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Beastly TA:

No offense but most guys who ask are going to be V8 guys and when you say whats it matter because its a V6 they are going to agree with you.

Gerry
                    <hr></blockquote>

No offense to YOU, but isn't that a little snobbish of you to say. (He who drives a Trans Am.) By your rationale, us V6'ers should therefore no longer put in an exhaust system. "What for it's just a six" Therefore, we should no longer install nitrous or any other power adder. "What for it's just a six"Why even install a K&N filter. "What for it's just a six"

So basically, V8 people are going to ridicule us for having V6's no matter what we do to our cars. Guess I better go inform Tiago. Guess I better go inform SLP too for making functional ram-air hoods and aftermarket products for the V6 Grand Prixs. Guess we should all just quit modding our V6's because those darn older brothers of ours, the BIG BAD V8 guys out there, are just going to sneer at us and say, "What for it's just a six."

Sorry man, but your statement came across very patronizing and condescending. You sound like an older brother who told his little brother to run along and play with his hot-wheels. :rolleyes:

[ August 09, 2003: Message edited by: sam r. ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sam r.:

No offense to YOU, but isn't that a little snobbish of you to say. (He who drives a Trans Am.) By your rationale, us V6'ers should therefore no longer put in an exhaust system. "What for it's just a six" Therefore, we should no longer install nitrous or any other power adder. "What for it's just a six"Why even install a K&N filter. "What for it's just a six"

So basically, V8 people are going to ridicule us for having V6's no matter what we do to our cars. Guess I better go inform Tiago. Guess I better go inform SLP too for making functional ram-air hoods and aftermarket products for the V6 Grand Prixs. Guess we should all just quit modding our V6's because those darn older brothers of ours, the BIG BAD V8 guys out there, are just going to sneer at us and say, "What for it's just a six."

Sorry man, but your statement came across very patronizing and condescending. You sound like an older brother who told his little brother to run along and play with his hot-wheels. :rolleyes:

[ August 09, 2003: Message edited by: sam r. ]
                      <hr></blockquote>

You crack me up, but for your information I used to own a V6 and put up with the same crap as I'm sure you do about owning one. I for one, have never told any one who owns a V6 anything like what I quoted earlier. I was saying that to tell everyone what the truth is and while I'm at it most LS1 owners (not me) will say something bad about moding a V6 Fbody anyways.

So Sam you would be better off knowing what your talking about before spouting off.

Gerry
                      <b>2001 Black Trans AM M6</b> <br />!Hood baffles,!CAGS,Mufflex Cat-bypass pipes,Borla y-pipe,TSP Rumbler cat-back,LGM lid,G2 springs,BMR SFC\'s,BMR STB,LGM billet pedals,Lou\'s short stick,Custom FRC\'s,Custom hood and side vents,Polished 18x9.5 Z06 wheels

Comment

i like the SS hood more myself. not cause its functional, just cause i think it looks better. but that one isnt too bad...

and all this about nonfunctional hood scoops??? the stock hood scoops are nonfunctional for 93-97 hoods, but i dont hear anyone complaining.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Has anyone ever seen a functional stingray hood? I've never seen it before until a couple days ago, and I still think it's pretty rare... I have no idea where I'd order a functional one.
                          Tom<br />Too many mods for this sig.<br /><a href=\"http://www.l337server.com/Tom/cars.html\" target=\"_blank\">My car\'s site</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.FullThrottleV6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                            Good to see the site is back up
                            by 2.8 Bird
                            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                            1 day ago
                          • FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X