This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to go about it?

ok i have a completely stock 95 firebird and i wanted to add power windows and locks. But im not quite sure of how to go about it.Like wat all do i need to get. will i need to get new door panels because of the holes that will be left the wiring harneses(s/p)and buttons, and some other stuff, or where to get it. i was wondering if u guys knew?

Might want to try the electrical forum.
    -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

honestly in the end I think it woudl be easier to swap doors, from a car with it all.

Or look into universal kits that convert crank window cars into power window cars.

Its your car do what you want, but honestly I liked my crank windows better, I get paranoid about losing a window motor(already had to replace one and I have 45k miles on my car)
      -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by shenanigans:
        honestly in the end I think it woudl be easier to swap doors, from a car with it all.
        What? you're crazy bro, they sell universal power window kits, anywhere from 80$-150$ they come with a cover to hide the hole in your door panel, not the prettiest, but it works...and power locks are the same thing.....I still cant believe you would say SWAPPING DOORS!!! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
        05' CTS-V
        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

I'm in the same situation, so when I was surfin ebay, I found an ebay store that sells both power door lock kits and power window kits. I bought that power door lock kit, I got it half installed and I have to get some other parts for it, but it was pretty simple to install and it should work great. The ebay store was "mypushcart" check it out.
          \'97 Camaro 3.8L

Comment

Originally posted by nikon:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by shenanigans:
            I still cant believe you would say SWAPPING DOORS!!! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] X2
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Thanks guys i think im going to go the ebay way

Comment

Originally posted by nikon:
                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by shenanigans:
                What? you're crazy bro, they sell universal power window kits, anywhere from 80$-150$ they come with a cover to hide the hole in your door panel, not the prettiest, but it works...and power locks are the same thing.....I still cant believe you would say SWAPPING DOORS!!! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]I know they have kits, thats why I mentioned them [img]smile.gif[/img]

I said it might be easier to replace the door then to tear out the internals of a manual door and replace them with the internals for a power window door, all factory parts.

Why is replacing the door so crazy, seen it done on many cars, I admit its nothing I have seen done on a 4th gen but on other cars.
                -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

swapping doors would require just as much work though as using a kit and it would be more expensive if those kits are really only 80 bucks. go with the kit. by the way, this is going to electronics now.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                  Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X