......Paging sam r. .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ......Paging sam r. .......

Sorry for not posting those pictures about the hood. I didn't have time to post them before I went out of time, so I took extra pictures for you. Tell me if thats what you want or if you need more.

Pictures of the hood.
    2002 Camaro SS, 6 speed, SLP Loudmouth, TR 224/224 Camshaft(valvetrain upgraded), Pro 5.0 shifter / Hurst classic black knob.

hey thanks for the pix. In pix 3, 4, and 8 you can really tell the hood sits higher than the body. Did you elongate the mounting holes the way they say you should do? Is there any way to adjust your hood?

Other than that, that looks really good! Nice car man! I really appreciate the pix. Thank you!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sam r.:
      hey thanks for the pix. In pix 3, 4, and 8 you can really tell the hood sits higher than the body. Did you elongate the mounting holes the way they say you should do? Is there any way to adjust your hood?

Other than that, that looks really good! Nice car man! I really appreciate the pix. Thank you!
      <hr></blockquote>

The body shop had to adjust the fenders a little to get it to fit like it did. There is a guy in are car club that drilled different holes in the mounting brackets to get the hood to lay flat, I might eventually do that.
      2002 Camaro SS, 6 speed, SLP Loudmouth, TR 224/224 Camshaft(valvetrain upgraded), Pro 5.0 shifter / Hurst classic black knob.

Comment

how much did the hood cost and how much did it cost to have it painted and installed?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sam r.:
          how much did the hood cost and how much did it cost to have it painted and installed?<hr></blockquote>

Cost of hood-$773.03 (Includes tax and shipping. That's also 10% of the hood because I used their calender (SLP) coupon.)
          Cost of paint-$449.44 (Sometimes they have to blend the hood with the fenders to get it to match perfect, I got lucky and it matched perfect. It would have costed $650 with the fenders. Thats top quality paint and clear coated.)
          Total cost-$1222.47

Yes it's expensive, but it was well worth it. At car shows people use to just glance at my car, but now they stop and look at it and make comments about how nice it works. It was well worth the money.

Comment

That's not too expensive at all! I figured it would be about 2 grand just for the hood. Under 2 grand for the hood and paint and everything is very reasonable. Thanks for all the info! I'm thinking about getting the SLP hood for my Bird. But not this very second. My car is only a few months old. I want to wait a while.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              1 day ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X