Scratched My Baby!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratched My Baby!!!!

Well, I was going down the freeway today and I was behind a piece of crap Ford Focus (which was bad enough). Then he runs over some kind of metal bar about a foot or so long. The bar come flying toward my car and my friend that's in the passenger seat panics and ducks down. I see the bar fly up and then come back down and I hear a bang. I didn't know what part of the car it hit because it happened so fast. Once I got out I found about 20 scratches. Some only scartched the clear coat and some were all the way down to the metal!!! I am soooo mad!!! But, I figured since the car is a 94 I should just have it repainted. Any ideas on how to get deep scratches out guys???
    My Car: 1994 Camaro 3.4 V6 5-Speed<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/speedyman_2\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Hi,

I own my own vehicle customizing shop, and we do paint jobs, repair, and really wild paint effects...If the scratch went through the clearcoat, and base coat...it needs to be either touched up with a touch up brush, or repainted....if the clearcoat is the only thing scratched....you can wet sand the scratch down and follow it with a 3m rubbing compound on a buffing wheel. Then use a finishing compound or polish to shine it up. Make sure you do not wet sand through the clear, or you'll be hurting. Before sanding, or touching up, i'd try using the 3m rubbing compound on the buffing wheel...it works wonders. But have some one who has wheeled cars before do it, or help you, because you can overheat the surface and burn the clearcoat...then you're screwed.

hope that helps ya out a little

Comment

Make sure to sand with 1500 or 1200 grit wet sanding paper if you do decide to sand.

Comment

May want to give THIS a try. I hear it works wonders!!!!

[ May 20, 2003: Message edited by: kruzmsl ]</p>
        1997 Camaro 3800 5-speed<br />Flowmaster 80 series catback dual exhaust w/ chrome tips and !cat mod<br />K&N Drop In w/ Removed silencer<br />Freedom Designs STB<br />Motorola Hands Free Kit<br />Code Alarm Security System<br />Eclipse 5441i and PPI Amplifier<br />Q-logic dual enclosure w/ Polk 12\" subs<br />Reflective Concepts rear fill<br />Rear Front and Fog black outs<br />20% side tint 5% rear tint

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X