Front fender removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front fender removal

Recently I bottomed out my car on the front passanger side. [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img] I ripped the fender under the body just after the wheel. This weekend I need to take the fender off to have it fixed.

If you guys familliar with this type of body work where are the fasteners located and what recomendations do you have in removing them?

thanks
    Red \'99 3.8<br />Induction: SLP Cold Air Intake, K&N Air Filter, Whisper Lid<br />Ignition: Taylor Spiro-Pro Wires, Bosch Platinum 2 Plugs<br />Suspension: Power Slot Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Mille Miglia MM11-2 18x9, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 245/40-18

i'd invest in a haynes manual it will tell u how to start taking apart everything on ur car.

Comment

It's simple, I've sure been saying that alot lately. I can't remember everything exactly but, here it goes. You have 2 on the bottom on the lip(hard to explain just crawl under the car and look(it's the part that hangs down that every smashes, lol) There is one you have to open the door for, it's behind where the mirror is. Then there is the ones that run along under the hood, I think there is 5 of them. Then there are 2 up front, my nose wasn't on my car when I took my fenders off, so I don't know if you have to take the nose off or not. Then you have the little plastic clips that hold the inner fender to the fender itself, the unscrew and pop out. I don't think you should have to take the screws out of the inner fender, than again you might. The only way to learn how to do this stuff is just go out and do it. If you tear it up, just take it to someone who knows what they are doing. Either way it's worth a try.
      1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

I retract my last statement, i knew I said it was simple one too many times. I just got back from driving my car, and I looked at the nose, and it looks like it will have to come off. And I think you can leave the srews in the inner fenders. I'd still try to do it yourself, no harm in trying...I don't think.
        1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

Thanks... any estimation of time and might I need any special tools to get this job done?
          Red \'99 3.8<br />Induction: SLP Cold Air Intake, K&N Air Filter, Whisper Lid<br />Ignition: Taylor Spiro-Pro Wires, Bosch Platinum 2 Plugs<br />Suspension: Power Slot Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Mille Miglia MM11-2 18x9, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 245/40-18

Comment

No, not really, just a rachet and some sockets, can't remember exactly what sizes.(I think a 10mm and 8 mm (I can't remember) Don't feel alone this week I'm replacing the 2 fenders, header panel, whole core support(getting help on this, if I didn't I'd mess something up [img]smile.gif[/img] ), rebar, and the nose on my 95.

Comment

i need to take off my bumper and fender as well.. the haynes helps alot... u can probably get one from your public library...

i wouldn't recommend putting a time limit to doing this.

Comment

I see there are pop-rivets that connect the fender to the body down by the base of the windshield. How do you remove those?

Comment

There is a bolt you have to open the door for, it's behind where the mirror is. Take it out and the rivets are attached to that bracket. That should get you. Later

Comment

Nice! I found that bolt yesterday. So I just undo that and I should be able to see/get to the backside of the rivets?

Thanks again!

Comment

You should be able to get to them now, just drill the rivets out. Then rivet it to the new fender, if it doesn't have the bracket already.

[ May 22, 2003: Message edited by: O2Bsogood ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                        New Site Hosting Issues
                        by FirebirdGT
                        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                        1 week ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        4 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X