t-top conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t-top conversion

well i bought my t-tops yesterday so now i need to know what parts i need to complete the job, i emailed speed automotive but they havent replied :( .
    1997 Black 3.8L Camaro RS {SOLD}<br />Mods:<br />Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back<br />Slp Cold Air Intake<br /><br /><br />2001 Dodge Durango R/T

are you going to do this by yourself

Comment

yea pretty much, ive done alot of research on it and am pretty confident :D . The hardest part is gaining the nuts to cut my roof [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

[ May 20, 2003: Message edited by: kidkash8009 ]</p>
      1997 Black 3.8L Camaro RS {SOLD}<br />Mods:<br />Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back<br />Slp Cold Air Intake<br /><br /><br />2001 Dodge Durango R/T

Comment

nah, it's easy. you need:

t-tops
        a-pillar trim
        rear plastic bracket covers
        4 mounting brackets
        door seal for each side
        headliner (i cut mine to fit, but it looks like azz and i'm ordering a new one. it works for now though)

optional:
        t-top holder for trunk
        t-top shades
        top windshield trim (i haven't found a need for this one yet, so i didn't buy it)

other items:
        black gasket sealant
        bondo
        dust mask
        goggles
        sandpaper
        touchup paint

Comment

someone had a tutorial about this on their website.. i think it was a moderator.. may want to do a search.. i saw it resently.. like a few days ago..

~Billy

Comment

I dunno, I have factory t-tops on my car, but there's just something about taking a grinder to a perfectly good roof and going to town with it. If I was to relate the feeling of watching it being done, I would say it's something like chewing on tinfoil. I wouldn't have the nads to perform it!

Good luck

-Marc
            sigpic

Comment

the web site is by mtmike, i have seen it before and it made me want t-tops soo $200 later i have a set of t-tops comming thursday.

Comment

I hope MTMike doesnt mind...I found his instruction......

http://www.redlineenterprises.com/mtmike/ttops.html

Hope it helps

Eric
                Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
                1996 Camaro Conv
                2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by merlinsrealm:
                  I hope MTMike doesnt mind...I found his instruction......

http://www.redlineenterprises.com/mtmike/ttops.html

Hope it helps

Eric
                  <hr></blockquote>

1st one is a bad link Sorry......

http://www.redlineenterprises.com/mtmike/ttops.htm
                  Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
                  1996 Camaro Conv
                  2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

I've got a writeup and links to other writeups on my page (which is posted above).

Best of luck!!

-Mike
                    <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

hey mtmike could you send me the zip file of all the pics? that would be very helpful! wmikulec@attbi.com is my email address

thanks andrew

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by kidkash8009:
                        hey mtmike could you send me the zip file of all the pics? that would be very helpful! wmikulec@attbi.com is my email address

thanks andrew
                        <hr></blockquote>

Youv'e got mail
                        <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Hooray - another T top convert!

T Tops are the absolute best! And people who convert their cars themselves are in a class by themselves (I don't have the honor to belong to that class; my T tops came from the factory). Congrats and good luck!

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Inside every hard top 4th generation F body are T tops waiting to be liberated.
                          I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                          CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                          FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            1 week ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            4 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X