removing touchup paint and new paint help?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

removing touchup paint and new paint help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing touchup paint and new paint help??

The previous owner of my car had some scrates at different places around the car and she decided that she would try to put touch up paint on the scratches. :mad: what a horrible job she did!!

How can I remove the touch-up paint from my car without having to wet sand my car or damaging my original paint??

Also, if i get this touch-up paint off, how should i go about fixing these scratches?
    1995 Camaro 3.4L<br />dynomax super turbo muffler<br />SLP CAI<p>It\'s red so it must be fast!!!

Try this.
    1997 Camaro 3800 5-speed<br />Flowmaster 80 series catback dual exhaust w/ chrome tips and !cat mod<br />K&N Drop In w/ Removed silencer<br />Freedom Designs STB<br />Motorola Hands Free Kit<br />Code Alarm Security System<br />Eclipse 5441i and PPI Amplifier<br />Q-logic dual enclosure w/ Polk 12\" subs<br />Reflective Concepts rear fill<br />Rear Front and Fog black outs<br />20% side tint 5% rear tint

Comment

will that remove the old touch-up paint though?
      1995 Camaro 3.4L<br />dynomax super turbo muffler<br />SLP CAI<p>It\'s red so it must be fast!!!

Comment

like that stuff really works :rolleyes:

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TurboKillaZ:
          like that stuff really works :rolleyes: <hr></blockquote>

:rolleyes: Anyway

Back to the subject at hand, what it does is it takes down the touch up paint to be level with the existing paint. It does not effect the original paint itself. So if you have a giant glob of touch up paint it will thin it out a litle at a time and make it less obvious.
          1997 Camaro 3800 5-speed<br />Flowmaster 80 series catback dual exhaust w/ chrome tips and !cat mod<br />K&N Drop In w/ Removed silencer<br />Freedom Designs STB<br />Motorola Hands Free Kit<br />Code Alarm Security System<br />Eclipse 5441i and PPI Amplifier<br />Q-logic dual enclosure w/ Polk 12\" subs<br />Reflective Concepts rear fill<br />Rear Front and Fog black outs<br />20% side tint 5% rear tint

Comment

You could try wetsanding with some very fine sandpaper (1500 or 2000 grit). Just be careful it should only take 5-8 light strokes and then go over it with rubbing compound.
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sean37\" target=\"_blank\">Black \'97 Camaro</a> w/ CAI, catback

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X