strip in between t's different??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strip in between t's different??

I FINALLY got around to doing a good thorough wax job on my car sunday, I used mothers 3 step stuff, the cleaner, polish and wax. I have had the stuff in my closet for about 6 months. (bought it before I knew anything about zaino) anyway while doing all the coats on my car I noticed the strip of metal that is between the t's seems to be different. It is almost like it is fading. Fading faster than the rest of the car. The 3 step process helped some but it really seems to be different. A friend of mine was outside bs'ing with me while I was waxing and he seemed to think that maybe that center piece maybe was fabricated by someone other than gm and perhaps it is completely different paint form that which is used on the rest of the car or if gm does make the t-tops "kit" they don't seem to paint it when they paint the rest of the car because the screws that seem to hold the top piece to the rest of the crosspiece aren't painted. This leads me to believe that the cross piece assembly is painted separately from the car.. soooo anyone else ever noticed that strip becoming discolored??
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Yep, it is that way on my 97 and roomies 02. It looks like oxidation. Mine isn't as bad as hers, but it is till visible. I haven't messed with mine since it is barely noticeable, but it really looks like crap on hers. If you figure out how to fix it let me know.
    97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

well if it's just a little oxidation some microfine liquid compound followed up by "finesse it" should get rid of the oxidation but I'm wondering if it would oxidize again, and if so how fast. I do feel better knowing I'm not the only one.. :D
      -Brad
      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
      :rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X