how to put stripes on hood/roof/spoiler??? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to put stripes on hood/roof/spoiler???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to put stripes on hood/roof/spoiler???

Hey guys, I would like to do something to the appearence of my car by adding black stripes. I am wondering, where is the best place to get stripes from and how hard/easy is it to put them on. I know most of it is lining them up, but anyone had this done at a shop? How much do shop's charge for this? Please let me know.

CHRIS

from suncoast creations, i think they're $275 and a friend of mine got his done on a TA for about $100(not to sure cuz he got his hood painted at the same time) sorry, not to sure bout that but it sounds about right
    merlin
    2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

www.phoenixgraphix.com
      That's where I got mine.

Comment

Wow, not bad prices or stripe kits. And they look so good too! I want to place an order for a kit, but before I do, I need just a couple more questions answered.

1. Are they hard to put on yourself, or with someone helping?

2. Would someplace charge alot to place them on?

Please let me know.

Chris

Comment

i wouldnt put them on the roof i think it looks better just on the front and back maybe its just me
          2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by spunger:
            Wow, not bad prices or stripe kits. And they look so good too! I want to place an order for a kit, but before I do, I need just a couple more questions answered.

1. Are they hard to put on yourself, or with someone helping?

2. Would someplace charge alot to place them on?

Please let me know.

Chris
            <hr></blockquote>

I went to a local sign shop and since they deal in decals they installed them for me. I just got a lot of really detailed pictures and he installed it for a reasonable price. I think it was 100 bucks or something around there. I would put the stripes on the roof too - it will look cool! What color car will the black stripes be going on?

Comment

Hehe I think I may look into having someone do it for me since I am afraid to mess up.

The color of my car is the rarest camaro you will ever find. I have yet to see one in similar color to mine. It was factory green to start with, got in a minor fender-bender, and is now this off-brown color. I have gotten complimented on the color and never yet had someone say "that's ugly". It is not offered as a factory color on a camaro in 1994. I will try to get a picture.

Thanks Jim for your help, I like stripes on the whole car considering mine is not a t-top

Chris

Comment

I have a pic of a black stripe on a white firebird. But i dont know how to post a pic ANY help would be appreciated.
                AIS 2 OHH the memories... Great times and putting names with faces.<p>From \"interesting\" hooters waitress(Did you guys FLY ? ) to pissing BMW owners off on the ride home. To ending up in Philidelphia and USING (hahaha) an ice machine. I had a BLAST.<p>Thanxs to all that showed up!!

Comment

They look kick *** on the roof. I got my 30th anniversary t/a stripes put on for $100. that's hood, roof, spoiler all the dual stripe.
                  f1\'d & x-piped

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X