exhaust tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust tips

Does anyone know a good website to get some exhaust tips? I have a 94 camaro with an 80 series Flowmaster, sounds great now, but have small exhaust tips, the same size as the pipe. Would 3 inch tips that are 13 inches long make it sound better and deeper? Or do you recommend something bigger?
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

i bought 18" tips with 3" diameter and i noticed quite a bit of difference in the way my car sounded at idle, its more of a growl than just a low exhaust note. it also seemed to make it sound more controlled at high rpms, not quite as ricey or raspy as it used to be
    R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

Jegs sells hooker dual 3" tips for 32 bucks a piece. They're not stainless steel though.
      <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

a little pricey but slp sells the quad center mounted exhaust tips which are really nice. will run about $400 for painting and install

Comment

I still prefer the SS tips from a Camaro. Had them on my Z28 and once I get my catback or just the Flow muffler to start with that's what I'm going to have there to finish it up. :D

IMO they look good even on a Bird. Not to mention on a Camaro. ;)

All those 3-4" slashed cut tips are just a bit too much for me... [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] There's one guy in my neighborhood who has a 94 3.4 with Flowmaster catback with those tips and it just does not look or sound good at all. :(

Later!

TS
          <a href=\"http://www.suikkari.net/camaro_pics\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2000 Camaro Z28</b></a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://1texfinn.cz28.com/photo3.html\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Expedition Eddie Bauer</a>

Comment

His probably didn't sound good because he didn't burn the Flowmaster in yet. Mine sounds pretty good, people come up asking me how I got my Z28 roaring.
            2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

Comment

how long did it take to burn up the flowmaster

Comment

Well it took about a year. Its not an everyday car so I noticed the valves were clicking a lot because of carbon. So one day I put it into normal drive (not overdrive) and hit the gas. Took it fast and all the carbon shot out the exhaust. I know because it got all over someones car I use to work with, but he washed it right off. After that it seemed to be much louder and deeper. The engine seemed to sound and run much better too. Sounds better than Dynomax and louder.

Comment

I went with thos hoooker tips as well. I got a pic on my website . Pics
                  2004 Mazda RX-8 <br />Winning Blue Metallic<br />6

Comment

i like the quad squared tips from www.fasttoys.com .net ;)

[ February 20, 2002: Message edited by: chevcamaro18 ]</p>
                    2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X