Finally a few pics of the TA since it's "extended downtime" - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally a few pics of the TA since it's "extended downtime"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally a few pics of the TA since it's "extended downtime"

After the TA was ripped apart and down for roughly a year, I finally got some pics of it all back together... She got a complete engine and transmission rebuild and a painted engine bay. Here's a few shots:

-<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

very nice travis, how's it running? going to osw anytime soon?
    94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

[img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

nice, i like the intake. you should polish that ac condensor. all you'll need is some high grit paper and aluminum polish.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Thanks Predator... I probably won't be down to OSW any time soon. Maybe a slim chance I'll make it down there by the end of the year if I rebuild the rear end in time.

Originally posted by Loochy88:
          nice, i like the intake. you should polish that ac condensor. all you'll need is some high grit paper and aluminum polish.
          I think you're referring to the accumulator. ;) My old one was polished, but when I put the motor back in the car I replaced all the AC seals and put a new accumulator on (as you should any time you break the AC seals). Just haven't gotten around to polishing it yet. And besides Loochy... take a look at all the polished parts in that engine bay (that intake wasn't bought that way!)... do you think I don't know how to polish?? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Does anyone have any thoughts/comments on the painted engine bay??? This was my first attempt at painting. All in all I guess I'm happy with it, but I'm not sure I would do it myself if I had it to do again.
          -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

very nice.

i like the f/p gauge on the fuel rail. nice touch.

all looks very pro.
            01 Firebird A4 3.42
            Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
            and other mods
            Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Very nice, I bet you a clear lid would look great on that car. Its different cuase you dont have red, blue ect in there it just shinny and silver lol. It looks more expensive this way though, congrats.
              1999 Pontiac Trans Am M6 Far from stock.....
              Pics http://rides.webshots.com/album/5599...Dk?vhost=rides

Comment

That is one mean looking engine. I'm very impressed.

The painted engine bay looks excellent. How many coats of clear coat are on there???
                -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

Thanks everyone. Not too sure about a clear lid, not really my taste. I try to make everything look like it belongs there. As if it could have come from the factory that way. For example, my roll bar is powdercoated the exact same color as the interior of the car and with no gloss. The idea was to make everything blend in. If you take a quick glance at the car, the roll bar actually gets lost in the rest of the interior, then you have to do a double-take to notice it's there. That color is also the same color that I painted the engine bay.

asdf1234: 4 coats of clear if I remember right.

Comment

Looks VERY nice, give us some exterior and interior pictures!

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
                    1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
                    1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

Here's some interior pics taken at The Fbody Gathtering in Atlanta 2004:

Here's a couple exterior shots from the track a few weeks ago. Night pics, so the light kinda sucks:

Comment

That is one of the nicest TA's I've ever seen. Inside and out.
                        -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

looks awesome.

Ryan
                          1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

how did you install the harness? did you weld the taps into the floor?
                            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

It's a wrap-around style harness, wrapped around the crossbar of the roll bar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X