Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LooK aT My NeW RiMs!

look at these puppies!

i saw the pic and fell in love instantly! thank you for buy it now!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

nice rims but they arent wide at all. stock i believe is 16x8 those are only 7.5.
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Big Tymer, $$__bling_bling__$$, thegunit.com, tell me this is a joke lol.

And yeah, expect a loss of ride quality and traction.
      -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

shoulda warned us to wear some sunglasses b4 clicking on that link. anywayz, shoulda went for some wider rims.
        Britney Spears is the HOTTest girl in the world!<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L Y87<br />Flowmaster 80 American Thunder catback<br />Magnaflow Carsound Catalytic Converter<br />SLP Ram Air Cold Air Intake<br />Whisper Lid<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/freestylin59\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/freestylin59</a>

Comment

if you put those on your car, you just need to give up your membership now cause your going to run out [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

they look pretty cool... post pics when your done...
            -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by Freestylin59:
              shoulda warned us to wear some sunglasses b4 clicking on that link. anywayz, shoulda went for some wider rims.
              i can still put 245's on that rim... it will just bow out a tad.... the stock tire width for our cars is 215 and thats on a 8 inch wide rim..... 235's should be flush... so i will actually gain a bit of traction vs stock tires.....

Comment

FYI - The bolt pattern is wrong.
                5X120 is a metric bolt pattern, for european and other import cars.
                GM uses 5X4.75" which converted is 5X120.65

There is a 0.65mm difference, which is not much, but those wheels WILL not ride right (smooth) without hub centering rings.
                1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
                1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

never heard of a hub centering ring.... what is it and how much they cost? how hard to install?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Freestylin59:
                    i can still put 245's on that rim... it will just bow out a tad.... the stock tire width for our cars is 215 and thats on a 8 inch wide rim..... 235's should be flush... so i will actually gain a bit of traction vs stock tires..... </font>[/QUOTE]Stock tires on mine were 235's not 215's
                    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

never heard of a hub centering ring.... what is it and how much they cost? how hard to install?
                      They are a plastic or aluminum ring that adapts the universal bore of the aftermarket wheel to the hub size of your car. Thus the wheel sits on the hub perfectly centered instead of relying on the lug nuts, which won't line up exactly right.

If you live near a discount tire, they can get you the right stuff.

EDIT - I see your in texas, it is nearly impossible not to live near a discount tire in texas.
                      1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro:

EDIT - I see your in texas, it is nearly impossible not to live near a discount tire in texas.
                        haha yeah i pass up 2 of them on the way to work ( only 7 miles ) :) thanks.....

Comment

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro:

haha yeah i pass up 2 of them on the way to work ( only 7 miles ) :) thanks..... </font>[/QUOTE]No problem.
                          Nice wheels btw, pretty good looking for chrome. Not overdone.
                          You will lose a little a ride, but you will GAIN traction if you use a good tire.
                          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

yeah i had 18" Eagle 077's on my last camaro..... biggets difference in traction.... and i was only using nankang 245-40-18's

Comment

Originally posted by articacid:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Big Tymer:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Freestylin59:
                              i can still put 245's on that rim... it will just bow out a tad.... the stock tire width for our cars is 215 and thats on a 8 inch wide rim..... 235's should be flush... so i will actually gain a bit of traction vs stock tires..... </font>[/QUOTE]Stock tires on mine were 235's not 215's </font>[/QUOTE]a tire option for our cars, not sure of the years, was to get 235/55/16 tires like i did. same wheels though which i have 245/50/16s on them right now
                              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X