getting firebird guage cluster off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting firebird guage cluster off

im sure this has been discussed before or it might just be that i didnt play with it enough and it was getting dark, but the fogligh switch how exactly do you get it out, i got it out towards me but wires still ran through the cluster, how do i get it out the other way!!! it has grooves so it cannot go out the backside so.....

it doesn't go out the other way. just pull the wire out a little more (there should be some slack in it) and you should see a male and female connecter. you can disconnect it from there and take out the switch. the connection might be conceal by a small strip of foam insulation wrapped around it...that how mine was...just unwrap it and disconnect the ends.

Comment

male female on the wires or the whole thing

i looked at it and i dont see nothing that looks like it can pull out and i messed with it and no luck

Comment

The whole thing. Pull the wires out a little. You should have about 5" of wires then a set of connectors wrapped in foam "noise" tape (prevents the connector from bouncing around inside there).
        <a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> <br /><b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/c_o_jones\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a></b><br />--This doesn\'t change the fact that I am ~The Guru~ who still kicks puppies...

Comment

well i disconnected it and basically f***ed up my switch it was all good until i tryed to put it back together, there was this little piece on the inside that moves when u turn the switch i messed it all up, with there being like 6 wires how hard is it to make my own switch or fix that one

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X