t-top conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t-top conversion

well the time has come for my little girl to get t tops(as long as the sale goes threw). i'd rather do it in the winter only because if it does leak(knock on wood) then i won't get mold (it will freeze) so i'd rather take those apples. anyways. i want to know what you guys think about the idea. almost everyone is saying that it's way over due. i would have done this along time ago but i'm scared sh@tless about this idea. (just like everyone else would be) but i have faith, and i know my girl will look great with them.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

DO IT!!!

about 99% of t-top leaks are fixed in 5 min of work and $3 in parts...

day after I did my conversion it rained for 8 hours...

I had honestly 2 gallons of water in my car from leaks.

2 days later when it was dry... fixed the leaks in 5 min, and hasn't leaked since, been through tropical storms, tons of rain, dozens of automatic car washes, and no leaks.
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

I want to be there when you're cutting the roof with a saw!!!
      Many here have done it already, but if it were me, I'd be scared Sh*tless too of hacking the car. Kristen, lemme know when you're planning on doing it.
      BTW, are you doing the clutch first or the roof?
      sigpic

Comment

Do the ROOF!

Its easy... all you have to do is make one big cut. To get the skin off. Tehre is already a "line" there to guide you.
        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

kool, i'm going to do the roof first. i don't know about the cluch yet. we are kinda car'ed out as of performance wise. so that might wait a few months. shenanigans i sent you an email, i just waned to know if i need a new headliner.

and the t tops are a deff now. i just got off the phone with the guy, so i'm sending the check today. 350 shipped. ain't to bad!
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

woo go kristen. my car is a hard top too and i want t-tops. keep us updated i wonna see this.good luck with it
            1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              1 week ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              3 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X