Getting T-tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting T-tops

Alright first off i know there are a ton of t-top conversion posts and i have read through most of them and not found anyone saying where i could get someone to do it for me, i know it isn't very hard to put them in myself but i don't want to be responsible when somthing goes wrong. I was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a shop to install t-tops in or near houston, and if i would be able to buy the parts and give them to them instead of having them buying them and charging me a fortune.

Thanks
    2002 v6 camaro

better off finding someone willing to do it for you...

I can tell you now 99% of the shops in the country will eiher not touch it or charge you like $2,000 which sucks because it really isn't that hard.

I had ZERO body experience when I did mine.
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

alert i was afraid of that, i got a few question, keep in ming i have 0 i mean ZERO body work experience, however i must say i am good at the electronics side of things, have converted my camaro to power windows lock mirrors and remote by my self. I have look at some step by step instructions any good ones you would recommend that i might not have seen, did you paint the metal that is exposed after you take of the roof cover or was that already painted? and if you did paint it did you do it yourself or take it somewhere.

Thanks

EDIT: also i know some people have had problems with the corners i have seen some pics with people rebuilding the coner? maybe for water channeling how would i go about that. and just wondering how much would putting in t tops weaken my car? and the weather strips do i need a whole new door weather strips or what? Sorry for so many question but how would i attach the middle black pillar things that goes in between the t tops to the roof.

[ May 25, 2005, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: 2002v6camaro ]
      2002 v6 camaro

Comment

The weateher strippig is one piece it goes up around the hole, along the back of the door down along the bottom of the door and along the front a-pillar.

The metal underneath, I painted it black. Can of duplicolor satin paint. Just tape it and do even strokes... that was pretty easy...

The corners are a little rough, just when you cut stuff off jsut leave a decent amount of material left to work with.

Don't worry about a few wholes and such.. you can always go back with bondo and fill it in.
        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X