Hey Loochey L@@K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Loochey L@@K

Hey Loochey, I was reading about all the underhood polishing you did to your struts and whatnot. Is there any risk of corrosion since you removed the stock paint and don't replace it with anything? Was just curious since I thought it was a good idea and was thinking about doing it as well.
    Xenon body kit, 17\" Diablo Burgini Rims, Wings West Spoiler, Borla Exhaust, Intercooled tips, SLP CAI, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, HPP3, Vette Servo, Custom Red and Black Leather interior, Alum. DS. <br /><br />187rwhp and 204lbs torque<br />15.51 with .45 r/t

I just polished mine yesterday. they look very nice. If you keep them clean and polished I don't think corrosion would be a problem
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857214\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857214</a>

Comment

Yea, I'm sure if you keep on them it wouldn't become a problem, but sometimes I get my lazy spells where I don't feel like babying my car every week.
      Xenon body kit, 17\" Diablo Burgini Rims, Wings West Spoiler, Borla Exhaust, Intercooled tips, SLP CAI, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, HPP3, Vette Servo, Custom Red and Black Leather interior, Alum. DS. <br /><br />187rwhp and 204lbs torque<br />15.51 with .45 r/t

Comment

not really sure, but i'd seriously doubt they'd rust if you kept them clean. just polish them every once in a while.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

what about the A/C unit, do you have a small write-up anywhere on how you do it? i wanna do it.
          Dave:
          00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
          97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

everything is pretty much the same. just sand it down starting with rough grit paper. somewhere around 200 is what i usually start with. Once the metal starts to get brignt move to a higher grit all the way up to 1500 moving in small increments. then just polish with mothers polish or never dull.

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

well i tried it, but i started on 50, went to 100, 150, 220, 600. 1-2 pieces of sandpaper for each, then some mothers chrome polish. didnt come out as nice as yours loochy, but i think if i use higher levels of paper later, i can make it look smoother. and i only spent an hour on it, check it out!

Dave:
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319:
                well i tried it, but i started on 50, went to 100, 150, 220, 600. 1-2 pieces of sandpaper for each, then some mothers chrome polish. didnt come out as nice as yours loochy, but i think if i use higher levels of paper later, i can make it look smoother. and i only spent an hour on it, check it out!

get some high temp clear coat should keep it from turing
                www.turbov6camaro.com
                1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

turing?
                  Dave:
                  97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Clear will dull it out... just keep it clean and polished..
                    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

just go to walmart and get some 1500. sand it with that and polish again

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

cool, thanks looch. ill take some more pics once i do that.
                        Dave:
                        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Some company makes a clear for polished wheels that supposedly doesn't dull them. The name of the company escapes me right now. My AC canister has been polished for quite awhile and dulls over time... especially from the repeated condensing with the air on, but its easy to keep looking good. I'd assume the hood struts would be similar. Loochy, are the struts aluminum when you get the paint off? or stainless steel?
                          \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

Originally posted by NCState98:
                            Loochy, are the struts aluminum when you get the paint off? or stainless steel?
                            not sure. how would ya tell?

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by NCState98:
                              Loochy, are the struts aluminum when you get the paint off? or stainless steel?
                              not sure. how would ya tell? </font>[/QUOTE]magnets stick to steel.... they don't stick to aluminium.
                              <a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> <br /><b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/c_o_jones\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a></b><br />--This doesn\'t change the fact that I am ~The Guru~ who still kicks puppies...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X